No announcement yet.

E36 Ellipsoids - Worth It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are buying cheap lights like djauto or something, be ready to rewire the insides of them. That may be only for their VW lights, but I can't imagine why their quality would be crap on only one particular product. The light output on them was better than my OEM Golf lights, about the same as my GTI lights, but far worse than either of the sets of Hella lights that I've had.
    I like to modify things.
    flickr
    Inyo Photo
    -Chad

Comment

DJAuto for E36 requires nothing. I like them better than Depo's.

Comment

Originally posted by DiScoTeknix View Post
        Don't waste your money on DDM projectors like I did. Get Depos.
        I think you mean Apexcones. They are out of production as DJAutos can now be had for cheaper than it was to manufacture their own line.

Apexcone was pure posturing against the Depo factory and it worked. Thanks for buying a set so that the prices of DEPO and DJAuto are now cheaper than ever before in the e36 world.

Comment

Yup, I did mean the Apexcone projectors. They were just a strategy to drop Depo prices? Nice.

I guess I took one for the team.

Comment

Originally posted by DiScoTeknix View Post
            Yup, I did mean the Apexcone projectors. They were just a strategy to drop Depo prices? Nice.

I guess I took one for the team.
            So did I, fml. I **** the connectors on my lights, they're fucking awful quality. Looks like a dog chewed all over them, they don't even fit properly and the wires are coming unsoldered. That's what I get for cheaping out.

1997 BMW 328is Alpine White // Dove Grey
            ZF Swapped | 3.23 LSD | FK Coilovers | 17x8.5 Borbet Type C | 75mm Wheel Studs | 12mm Vorshlag Spacers | 5000k HIDs | Euro Taillights | Suede Headliner/Pillars

Comment

Originally posted by ECKS///M3 View Post
              Seriously mate, you aren't educating me....
              Was I?

*Click Sigpic For Journal*

Comment

Working...
              X