Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread has been really useful for me. My girlfriend and I are planning to move to Canada from the UK with a couple of friends and we'd tagged Vancouver as the place we wanted to try out. The stuff in this thread has confirmed that for me

Comment

Originally posted by dork View Post
      Just to show you the flipside to this awesome city.

This is East Hastings / Main St. where drugs and addicts meet. It's the ONE place in all of Vancouver to stay away from. Seriously, at night. it looks like a scene out of 28 days later.

HAHAHA ^This is the street I was talking about. They hang out there a lot and get money for recycling shit then immediately spend it on drugs and proceed to take them in the same spot, but it's only a a street or two. Kinda weird going there the first time though

padraigmk3 - that bicycle law seems like it's only for "highways" though, not around town ? Unless your a roadie I don't think you'll have issues dude

Comment

You get undesirables wherever you go in any city around the world (yes I've been to a few!). Maybe not quite as many concentrated in one area quite as obviously as the above ^^^^^^^^^^ but all the same I don't know of many / any cities where you won't find something you'd rather not see somewhere!

Comment

maybe just cafe crepe... with peanut butter bacon strips in them? hahaha
          I think you need to Google peanut butter bacon strips then get back to me..

Comment

Originally posted by kartikeya View Post
            I think you need to Google peanut butter bacon strips then get back to me..
            LOL.

Dude. That's sick.
            United we stance?

Comment

Ya Hastings/Main is fucking weird.

I like em dropped.

Comment

LOL.

Dude. That's sick.
                That's Manitoba: Spirited Energy.

Comment

move to chicago. End of story

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas13 View Post
                    move to chicago. End of story
                    Chicago is in Illinois, not Canada.

Pff... American education system...

Comment

Ok, Take a look at Kelowna, it is a four season, resort type of community. Great for all kinds of sports. Huge lake, 40 deg summers...beach community. You could always work for Club Penguin (disney online kiddy thingy...multi million dollar business). Three and half hours from Vancouver. Hour and a half from the Kooteneys ( best roads ever, sportbike heaven ).
                      Was rated the best place to live in the world a number of years ago. But there is the sunshine tax. Wages, are a bit lower than the rest of the country...but we put up with that, because we get to live here.

Gordo.

Comment

Just got pulled over on Friday by three cops at once... ****** gonna ****.

Love Vancouver!
                        United we stance?

Comment

Just got pulled over on Friday by three cops at once... ****** gonna ****.

Love Vancouver!
                          jesus haha they're just mad their crown vic's have to be at factory height.
                          crybabies.

also, YOUS GOTS PM DORK

Guys, I think it's safe to say, my plan is to move to vancouver.

I could never say no to some thing that beautiful.

-Updated 07-29-2013- _ padraig@deathsquad.ca _ _

Comment

That's all beautiful and all but, that might be where you work...where you'll live is more like a two hour commute, and you'll be living where it smells like dead pigs or chicken shit. Unless, you have a hardship story and are low income and are lucky enough to get into a co-op.

Ok that sounded brutal...can you tell I lived there for a while. Actually had a great appartment right down on False Creek. But, if you ever plan on owning...think again $300,000 for a one bedroom appt. in a crap area. Don't get me wrong I love Vancouver it is a great place to visit....Maybe I am just getting old and logical.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I Grew up in Muskoka and moved to Whistler just after high school, Shreded and got drunk for 3 years then went to Vancouver and School. I lived right downtown in the westend for 5 years, and it was a amazing place to live, on the beach close to the clubs and party's, it was a fun place to be.

Just bare in mind that the recession hit hard out there and there is not a lot of work going on. So make sure you can find gainful employment before packing your bags.

And the locals can be a tad douche towards outsiders from "Onterrible".

Oh and it rained for 57 days straight the first winter i lived there, so that takes some getting use to.

I moved back to Ontario to be close to family after being gone for almost 10 years, but I have plans one going back to Kelowna or Kamloops which are awesome places if you don't mind smaller city living.

Comment

Originally posted by flemcadiddlehopper View Post
                                That's all beautiful and all but, that might be where you work...where you'll live is more like a two hour commute, and you'll be living where it smells like dead pigs or chicken shit. Unless, you have a hardship story and are low income and are lucky enough to get into a co-op.

Ok that sounded brutal...can you tell I lived there for a while. Actually had a great appartment right down on False Creek. But, if you ever plan on owning...think again $300,000 for a one bedroom appt. in a crap area. Don't get me wrong I love Vancouver it is a great place to visit....Maybe I am just getting old and logical.
                                Originally posted by Z.Cockburn View Post
                                I Grew up in Muskoka and moved to Whistler just after high school, Shreded and got drunk for 3 years then went to Vancouver and School. I lived right downtown in the westend for 5 years, and it was a amazing place to live, on the beach close to the clubs and party's, it was a fun place to be.

Just bare in mind that the recession hit hard out there and there is not a lot of work going on. So make sure you can find gainful employment before packing your bags.

And the locals can be a tad douche towards outsiders from "Onterrible".

Oh and it rained for 57 days straight the first winter i lived there, so that takes some getting use to.

I moved back to Ontario to be close to family after being gone for almost 10 years, but I have plans one going back to Kelowna or Kamloops which are awesome places if you don't mind smaller city living.
                                WELP, THANKS FOR THE BUMMER GUYS.

If the girl and i can't find employment and housing, well, i guess i won't live there. that is an eventuality that i'm prepared for. She was looking at places and had a few picked out to look around. we'd be living outside the city most likely, which i'm not opposed to. With my job right now i'm able to save enough to go a few months without working to give me time to suss things out.

-Updated 07-29-2013- _ padraig@deathsquad.ca _ _

Comment

Working...
                                X