This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give me your $0.02 please

Been drooling over the cars here for a while and have been pondering getting myself a slammed car. Couple things I want to go over though. Right now I have a 2000 Saturn L series, I love the car. I've been a Saturn guy since I have been able to drive so I got to thinking the other day how much I would love to have a Redline Ion but I'm torn. I want a 5 speed, I want it slammed and I want a car that isn't super common. Here's where I'm torn...

Do I slam my L series (K sport makes coilovers for it), maybe swap in a 5 speed Getrag that comes in the Redline and Cobalt SS, it's a 4 door which I like, I have all the original paperwork for the car (kinda lame but I think it's cool to have), it's not very common to mod at all, I could also swap in an Opel Vectra B interior relatively easily.

or

Do I wait another year or more and buy a stock Redline and wait longer to slam it and have a cool semi rare but mostly stock car?

Sorry for the long rambling but it's been on my mind for a while and would like some other opinions

since you asked for my two cents, i'll clear the air by saying get a different car. i don't have a very high opinion of saturns at all.

but now that i'm done being a close-minded ass, i'd say slam the one you've got. i've seen ion redlines around, and they're almost always really ratty and riced out. never seen a low, let alone slammed regular saturn. it's definitely got the uncommon factor you're looking for.
    -George
    flickr

Comment

I hear that a lot haha and I'm open minded enough to not let that bug me lol. It's not the older S cars that people usually associate with Saturn. I think I posted a picture of it in the photoshop thread a while back. Anyways, my Dad started with Saturn in 1990 and was with them until the end as a tech and I've always just been glued to them I guess. I like the looks of the car I have and I think done right it would look really good. Don't get me wrong, a Mark 3 jetta would be my first choice but I'm impatient and can't find a decent one around here whatsoever. Plus my car is paid off haha. Thanks for the input though

I'ma toss this out there too, my gf misses my bagged truck, frankly so do I, should I forget modding my run of the mill Saturn and just build another bagged truck? Oh, and thanks for letting me get all this shit off my mind on here, even if it just sounds like random babble.
      Last edited by bnkrpt311; 10-19-2010, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Some cars just aren't worth it.

I felt I was pushing it with my Protege... I don't regret it, but I definitely wouldn't tackle another car with even less potential, unless I had a lot of time and money to kill.

Comment

If your Girlfriend misses the truck, you have answered your own question.

Remember, Switches get the bitches!!!!!
          Originally posted by anth
          Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

And static drops get nice girls.

Comment

dude, the gf misses the truck. so do you. question answered haha.
              -George
              flickr

Comment

Originally posted by vdubkid View Post
                dude, the gf misses the truck. so do you. question answered haha.
                true

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
                  If your Girlfriend misses the truck, you have answered your own question.

Remember, Switches get the bitches!!!!!
                  me and my friends (all bitches) don't like switches..
                  air blows, static drop gets me
                  A semi-ladylike book featuring my face.

S/W changed my life.

Comment

^ looked cute in the one pic i saw.

Static drop on anything but a saturn.

my .02
                    chUD..........Asphalt-sux

"Success causes envy , jealousy & hatred from the un-successful !!!! "Gregg Valentino

Comment

Buy an SC2 like me but honestly, just do the one you have. the IONs look like they have already been riced from the factory. if you want a saturn coupe, by the "Sport Coupe" (SC2)
                      IG: @kyle_eagleton

Comment

You are two years late dude.
                        -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                        Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

I always wondered what a subtle VIP L300 would be like. I love those bastard Opel V6s lmao.
                          - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

Originally posted by ladylike View Post
                            <3

Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Originally posted by ladylike View Post
                              Daaaamn didn't expect that hahaha.
                              I dislike Byron.

Comment

Working...
                              X