This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DonkeyPunch View Post
    I'm a military veteran headhunter. work with fortune 500 and 1000 companies all over the country that pay big $$$ for prior military peolple.
    why, most of em are a bunch of fuck ups

avation electronics tech turned auto mechanic turned registered nurse-maybe future practitioner who know im already bored

Comment

• Originally posted by Bullydawg View Post
      My primary job in the Air Force is Avionics systems for fighters, but I recently got picked up for a 2 year tour working military postal... and I **** it. I have 2 years and I am getting out and using my GI Bill to go to college full time and get an engineering degree.
      Originally posted by mikey G View Post
      Good luck man. After 7 years I might get out. Kind of nervous at just the thought of it haha. But im only 25 so hopefully I can apply a skill and get a good job.
      get the fuck out of the military!! its the best feeling ever. btw, everything youve ever done in the military doesnt count for shit anywhere. youll find your at least four years behind everyone developmentally but way ahead in work ethics and life experiences. go back to school and make that shit count. go fucking big. dont stop til you have a masters at least. i got paid more in gi bill money than i did active duty.

Comment

• Interior Communications Electrician in the US Navy.
        If its on a ship and has a speaker attatched to it I work on it.
        Instagram @l0w1if3

Comment

• Originally posted by parttimeprojectionist View Post
          get the fuck out of the military!! its the best feeling ever. btw, everything youve ever done in the military doesnt count for shit anywhere. youll find your at least four years behind everyone developmentally but way ahead in work ethics and life experiences. go back to school and make that shit count. go fucking big. dont stop til you have a masters at least. i got paid more in gi bill money than i did active duty.
          So explain to me why I have companies begging for prior military with any kind of electronics or mechanical experience and paying them upwards of 80K a year?

Also, I clear more than twice what I was getting in the Navy and all I have is a high school diploma.

I can throw out 5 jobs right now within seconds that are looking for ex Navy ET's, FC's, MM's and EN's that have a starting base salary of $60K or better. No degree required.
          78 GMC Sierra Grande AKA "Black Betty"-Bagged, chopped, stupid.

Comment

• I work at a machine shop that mostly makes Öhlins suspension parts and steering dampers.

Comment

• I work at a Toyota dealership as a Parts Sales Associate. On the side I help a friend with HID retrofit projects. I love cars and the automotive industry and I make okay money, but it's not something I want to do for the rest of my life. I've been working towards my goal of being a FireFighter or Flight Medic. Soon enough I hope. Sorry for rambling!
              VIR

Comment

• I do software engineering for the DoD. I work for a large government contractor.
                Bagged Kia Forte 5 Build HERE

Comment

• I'm a senior analyst developer working with health care.

Comment

• Originally posted by DonkeyPunch View Post
                    So explain to me why I have companies begging for prior military with any kind of electronics or mechanical experience and paying them upwards of 80K a year?

Also, I clear more than twice what I was getting in the Navy and all I have is a high school diploma.

I can throw out 5 jobs right now within seconds that are looking for ex Navy ET's, FC's, MM's and EN's that have a starting base salary of $60K or better. No degree required.
                    no idea, when i got out (10 years ago) i tried about 50 different aviation companies and every single one of em wanted a bachelors at minimun just for an entry level postion, which was basically uploading software in fallon, neveda. thanks but no thanks.

also you kinda sound like a recruiter, aka too good to be true.

but shit man more power to you if its for real, i hope some of these guys get out and find themselves a decent job. theres definitely some that earned it.

Comment

• Originally posted by parttimeprojectionist View Post
                      no idea, when i got out (10 years ago) i tried about 50 different aviation companies and every single one of em wanted a bachelors at minimun just for an entry level postion, which was basically uploading software in fallon, neveda. thanks but no thanks.

also you kinda sound like a recruiter, aka too good to be true.

but shit man more power to you if its for real, i hope some of these guys get out and find themselves a decent job. theres definitely some that earned it.
                      Im trying to find a contracting gig, it sucks having so much "expierience", I use the term loosely because I don't want to spark a debate, and not knowing where to start when it comes to job search. I need to figure out what the fuck i'm going to do within the next 8 months. Maybe ill re-up again and go back to Europe....my head is all over the place. Fuck the Army.
                      Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

• Originally posted by mikey G View Post
                        Im trying to find a contracting gig, it sucks having so much "expierience", I use the term loosely because I don't want to spark a debate, and not knowing where to start when it comes to job search. I need to figure out what the fuck i'm going to do within the next 8 months. Maybe ill re-up again and go back to Europe....my head is all over the place. Fuck the Army.
                        "fuck the navy" was my password for years lol!

if i recall you said you were doing leadership/ team building something or other in the army? you might be well suited to apply those skill with a business degree, its essentially trying to get a bunch of type A's to come together and accomplish a common goal. maybe an MBA in your future? military experience wont really get you paid more but def. looks good on a resume, might even give you a leg up on the competition.

give donkey punch a msg, maybe he could point you in the right direction, def worth a shot. either way sounds like its time to move on and join us out here in the 'real world" lol!

the experience thing is certainly case by case and mine wont necessarily be yours, i have a few lucky freinds that got out found some decent jobs, if your willing to move anywhere thats a big plus.

Comment

• I ended up re-uping for similar reasons, had too many bills to get out and not know how I was going to pay them. Re-uped for 3 more years a little over a year ago to pay off debt and then get out debt free with a bit of a nest egg, so I don't have to take the first job that pops up, I can wait for one I want or just go back to college.
                          Instagram @l0w1if3

Comment

• Originally posted by AnchorsAweigh View Post
                            I ended up re-uping for similar reasons, had too many bills to get out and not know how I was going to pay them. Re-uped for 3 more years a little over a year ago to pay off debt and then get out debt free with a bit of a nest egg, so I don't have to take the first job that pops up, I can wait for one I want or just go back to college.
                            Pretty much in the same boat. Except I fully own both my vehicles and the only recurring bills I have are insurance and phone bills. There are def options out there as far as prior service goes, many, many local PD's, boarder patrol ect, Im open to moving ANYWHERE but if I got out right now i'd probobly be looking at going to Southeast TX (san antonio area) or heading up to Arizona. IDK, part of me wants to stay in because I love being deployed, and at this point ive literally seen the entire world and I wouldnt mind going back to Iraq or Afghanistan. I just wish I had a crystal ball to see what the future held lol. Im currently 36 credits deep into a general associates, maybe I should look into an MBA.

Fuck, someone just come open up shop with me in Texas.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikey G View Post
                              Pretty much in the same boat. Except I fully own both my vehicles and the only recurring bills I have are insurance and phone bills. There are def options out there as far as prior service goes, many, many local PD's, boarder patrol ect, Im open to moving ANYWHERE but if I got out right now i'd probobly be looking at going to Southeast TX (san antonio area) or heading up to Arizona. IDK, part of me wants to stay in because I love being deployed, and at this point ive literally seen the entire world and I wouldnt mind going back to Iraq or Afghanistan. I just wish I had a crystal ball to see what the future held lol. Im currently 36 credits deep into a general associates, maybe I should look into an MBA.

Fuck, someone just come open up shop with me in Texas.

I hear you, After this next tour I will have been to over 20+ different countries. I love deployed life, just the work in between deployments is shit.

I do plan on moving to Dallas when I get out...
                              Instagram @l0w1if3

Comment

• Dallas is nice. I wouldn't mind moving to another city, except NY. Also FUCK garrison life, I can't fucking stand stupid privates and sitting around until 1800 everyday doing absolutely nothing. This unit is a different story when deployed..where are you right now? Im in country as well...

Comment

Working...
                                X