No announcement yet.

The Amazing Race: Fitness Thread / Work-Out Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I fucking love doing back and shoulders...... anyone have a favourite group they train?

Originally posted by anth
    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• i don't really have a favourite group, altho shoulders are nice

but i absolutely **** legs

which doesn't mean i skip leg day off course
      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• I like doing back as well but is have to say my favorite is legs.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• I guess i could join?

Stats:

First photo = Start 109kg (240lb)

Got down to 70kg from boxing and weight lifting. (still boxing today)

2nd photo = 72kg

Pretty recent shot. After a 8 week bulk:

To the dude above, my favourite day is back day :P

Looking chubby as hell, as to be expected after a bulk.
          Needing to hit shoulders harder, traps harder & get my bench/squad back up.

240kg deadlift, 125kg bench & 190kg squat.

Cutting now. Aiming to get down to 6% bodyfat for summer.
          Last edited by nzstance; 07-30-2014, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• Friend is new the gym and his gym buddy's out of town so We did Chest and Tricep's lastnight for Volume. 4sets for 10 reps. 6 exercises for each. I never do 10Reps anymore so It was a challenge hitting Monday's numbers for 10 but It felt good. Had a really decent pump going too after lol

Favorite day for me is Back or Chest.
            Originally posted by Jesus Christ
            he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

• so what, you do 3-5 reps then?
              i'm not sure of the english term but when you do more then 4-5 reps a different kind of muscle training takes place

my last program was like that

first day 10-12 reps on a moderate weight
              then 7-9 reps on a lil heavier weight
              4-6 reps with a heavy weight
              and the last day 2-3 reps on a super heavy weight
              Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Muscle is made up of slow twitch and fast twitch fibers. I can't remember which is which, but I know higher reps hits one type of fibers and low reps hit the others. Generally speaking, 8-12 reps is the ideal rep range for hypertrophy. As I understand it, lower reps help develop thickness of the muscle and density.

A program that blends the two rep ranges is ideal. I know back in the day guys like Arnold would train in your 8-12 rep range for the most part and about once a month they would go heavy to help with thickness and density.

Also set volume is another key. Adding 1 extra set to a lagging body part can make a big difference. I tend to add a set with rear delts and back excersises fairly often.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• I usually do 7-8reps. Every couple weeks try and hit heavier with 4-5 reps. I was always under the impression heavier lower reps builds the strength and and lighter/more reps builds the muscle up.

I do 5-7 exercises for each group, 3-4 sets for 7-8reps

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

• I do 8-10 reps of light/warmup weight. then 5 reps for the moderate weight. then 2-3 of heavy stuff. Like today I worked up to 365x5 on the squats, then did a few sets of 2 reps at 405. then I drop down to lighter weight and 5-8 reps for other versions of the same movement. so after regular squats I did sets of 315x5 of squats with a 2sec pause at the bottom and then a few sets of 225x5 for front squats.

after that for assistance work I do sets of 10-15. so next I worked up to 2 sets of barbell shrugs 315x10 and worked up to 2 sets of 215x10 for lat pulldowns. nothing crazy, but thats more or less my squat day
                    Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Lat pulls on squat days?

Comment

• Recently started 5/3/1, but being in the military I have a hard time getting bigger and suffering on my run times for my P.T. tests. Is crossfit really that good? I feel like I should try it but I always have shy'ed away because A) it took me forever to just start going to the gym B) I have no idea where to even start with it.

Crossfitter's help me out
                        Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

• Hope y'all did your cock push-ups today.
                          cars and stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by benz88 View Post
                            Lat pulls on squat days?
                            yep. upper back stuff is helpful to increase your squat. if you cant keep your upper back tight then your form can get sloppy and make it harder to hold the weight

Comment

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                              yep. upper back stuff is helpful to increase your squat. if you cant keep your upper back tight then your form can get sloppy and make it harder to hold the weight
                              Not to mention core and lower back strength for squat.

I've also read having a strong upper back helps you pull bigger weight with deadlifts.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
                                Not to mention core and lower back strength for squat.

I've also read having a strong upper back helps you pull bigger weight with deadlifts.
                                thats for sure. same goes for the bench, leg drive and push from your back

Comment

Working...
                                X