The Amazing Race: Fitness Thread / Work-Out Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JLowery28 View Post
    Today concluded the shortcut to size program for me. I'm going to do a couple weeks of reverse pyramid push/pull/legs and then go back through the shortcut to size. I love it. Other than the exertion headaches causing me to hold back a little on weights I've seen excellent results. Just to give a brief idea of the gains I'm going to compare my first week in phase I (12-15 reps) to my first week in phase III. And my last week in phase I (3-5 reps) to the last week in phase III.
    Phase I. Phase III
    Bench 165x12x4. Bench 175x14x4 (first day back after 4 days off for exertion headache)
    Db rows 45x15x4. Rows 60x15x4
    Seated db press 35x15x4. Db press 60x15x4
    Squats 135x12x4. Squats 185x12x4

Bench 225x3x4. Bench 235x4x4
    Db rows 80x5x4. Db rows 110x5x4
    Seated db press 75x5x4. Db press 90x4x4
    Squats 285x4x4. Squats 315x3x4
    some decent gains for such a short program
    Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Originally posted by JLowery28 View Post
      Today concluded the shortcut to size program for me. I'm going to do a couple weeks of reverse pyramid push/pull/legs and then go back through the shortcut to size. I love it. Other than the exertion headaches causing me to hold back a little on weights I've seen excellent results. Just to give a brief idea of the gains I'm going to compare my first week in phase I (12-15 reps) to my first week in phase III. And my last week in phase I (3-5 reps) to the last week in phase III.
      Phase I. Phase III
      Bench 165x12x4. Bench 175x14x4 (first day back after 4 days off for exertion headache)
      Db rows 45x15x4. Rows 60x15x4
      Seated db press 35x15x4. Db press 60x15x4
      Squats 135x12x4. Squats 185x12x4

Bench 225x3x4. Bench 235x4x4
      Db rows 80x5x4. Db rows 110x5x4
      Seated db press 75x5x4. Db press 90x4x4
      Squats 285x4x4. Squats 315x3x4
      That's some really awesome progress man.

I've got 6 more workouts left and then I'll be done with the program as well. Since I want to keep leaning out, I think I might do the shortcut to shred once again so I'm done right before the holidays. Then I'll enjoy myself a little and and do the shortcut to size again. We're heading into winter and I'll no longer be working the weekends which means I'll be skiing. The split with the shortcut to size will work really well so I can ski on the weekends and not have to worry about trying to make it to the gym. Downhill skiing is actually a pretty good workout so it makes for a good activity on the 'active rest' days. I'll continue my diet pretty much the same. I've been carb cycling and really like it so far. I eat way more carbs on lift days and not so much on non-lift days.

Since I've also started taking creatine, I kinda want to do it again to see if there is any drastic difference in gains. I'll also probably tweak the workouts a little bit. Like instead of always doing DB rows I'll do some regular BB rows or maybe even t-bar rows. I also want to start hitting my rear delts more on shoulder day so I want to add some more stuff or them. I really wish the gym I use had a rear-delt fly machine, would be so much easier to isolate them. Bent-over flyes work ok but you really need to concentrate on form, otherwise you can end up hitting your shoulder-blade muscles more than the rear delt.

Other than my rear delt's I'm pretty happy with all my other progress. Just gotta keep at it.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• just picked up my Stack from a local Supplement store. Going to do a weigh in tonight at the gym and get a start weight.
        Originally posted by Jesus Christ
        he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

• Im gonna keep running my current program until I stop making progress on it. When that happens Im gonna do a drastic cut for maybe 2 months, then test my list (which will obviously be weaker) then start again. Im hoping i can keep making steady gains until the end of another cycle. that would put my lifts in the awesomezone lol

Comment

• Ive hit my plateau for weight loss so it would seem. I cant really do Sprints with this ECA stack so looks like Jogging is the key thing for cardio or Stairs. Diet too.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

• Originally posted by benz88 View Post
              Ive hit my plateau for weight loss so it would seem. I cant really do Sprints with this ECA stack so looks like Jogging is the key thing for cardio or Stairs. Diet too.
              Ideally, when I cut Id like to lose 20ish pounds. In my head that seems reasonable for a 2 month cut. Hopefully I wont lose too much strength with it though. Im by no means trying to be cut. give no fucks about that. but Id like to get rid of some of this gut Ive got lingering around hahahah

Why no sprints?

Comment

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                Ideally, when I cut Id like to lose 20ish pounds. In my head that seems reasonable for a 2 month cut. Hopefully I wont lose too much strength with it though. Im by no means trying to be cut. give no fucks about that. but Id like to get rid of some of this gut Ive got lingering around hahahah

Why no sprints?
                Sprints or Running or any high intensity Cardio will raise your Heart Rate Too quick while doing Stacks. Walking or slow jogs are recommended if you chose to do cardio, Although from what ive been reading isn't really needed. Seems like All you really need to do is Lift so It only Cuts your Fat and not your Muscle.

also why SW so slow lately.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
                  That's some really awesome progress man.

I've got 6 more workouts left and then I'll be done with the program as well. Since I want to keep leaning out, I think I might do the shortcut to shred once again so I'm done right before the holidays. Then I'll enjoy myself a little and and do the shortcut to size again. We're heading into winter and I'll no longer be working the weekends which means I'll be skiing. The split with the shortcut to size will work really well so I can ski on the weekends and not have to worry about trying to make it to the gym. Downhill skiing is actually a pretty good workout so it makes for a good activity on the 'active rest' days. I'll continue my diet pretty much the same. I've been carb cycling and really like it so far. I eat way more carbs on lift days and not so much on non-lift days.

Since I've also started taking creatine, I kinda want to do it again to see if there is any drastic difference in gains. I'll also probably tweak the workouts a little bit. Like instead of always doing DB rows I'll do some regular BB rows or maybe even t-bar rows. I also want to start hitting my rear delts more on shoulder day so I want to add some more stuff or them. I really wish the gym I use had a rear-delt fly machine, would be so much easier to isolate them. Bent-over flyes work ok but you really need to concentrate on form, otherwise you can end up hitting your shoulder-blade muscles more than the rear delt.

Other than my rear delt's I'm pretty happy with all my other progress. Just gotta keep at it.
                  I've never really focused much on my rear delts but we have a couple pec deck machines that work for rear delts too and if y'all don't have one of those, one of my favorite things are high cable delt flys. It's on the shortcut to size video.

Comment

also why SW so slow lately.
                    its winter every one hibernates their cars...
                    my cars are out year round with summer wheels and tires haha
                    1997 Audi A4 1.8tQM (bamboo metallic) -- 2001.5 Audi S4 6sp (imola yellow)

Comment

• Ok so Checked my start weight at the Gym lastnight. 260lbs. Apparently Gained 10 in the past week :@

Next weigh in will be Friday

Heres My routine Again

Monday/Thursday- Chest and Triceps,
                      Tuesday/Friday - Back and Biceps.
                      Wednesday/Saturday - Shoulders,Traps and Legs
                      All will be followed by a mile of fast paced walking or jogging since no sprints

Meals will be a Shake in the morning for breakfast, Turkey/chicken/beef at lunch and supper along with some veggies, No carbs and and smaller portions.
                      Last edited by benz88; 11-06-2013, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• Weighed in tonight for shits and giggles. 256lbs lol. 4lbs in a day, let's hope I can keep this up

Comment

Weighed in tonight for shits and giggles. 256lbs lol. 4lbs in a day, let's hope I can keep this up
                          thats normal fluctuation

Comment

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                            thats normal fluctuation
                            We shall see tonight

Comment

• I havent ate anything all day. tomorrows dead lifts will be super weak lol

Comment

• im at 235lb for deads. not bad for just starting lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X