Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 233lbs > 229lbs
    Originally posted by anth
    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• Originally posted by Petis View Post
      Been slowly getting to where I'd like to be. Inspiration is Christian Bale in American Psycho..... still have a long way to go
      whats your routine look like?
      cars and stuff

Comment

• checkout http://www.leangains.com

I basically only lift 2-4 times a wheek using only compound movements and super heavy weight. I always work out fasted (at least 4 hrs after a low carb meal) and promptly have a high protein meal afterward. I take in under 1000 cal a day and less than 60g carbs. Lots of meat eating. The main source of carbs are those most easily absorbed and digested (aka starchy carbs)
        SLAMMED GARAGE
        slammedgarage@hotmail.com

Comment

• First time back to the gym today after a couple months rest (ya I got lazy so what?) lol feel great. Chest/tri's. Then ran a 5k in 26:20. Not bad for a meathead that hates/doesn't run. Pumped for back and bis tomorrow!! :-)
          cars and stuff

Comment

checkout http://www.leangains.com

I basically only lift 2-4 times a wheek using only compound movements and super heavy weight. I always work out fasted (at least 4 hrs after a low carb meal) and promptly have a high protein meal afterward. I take in under 1000 cal a day and less than 60g carbs. Lots of meat eating. The main source of carbs are those most easily absorbed and digested (aka starchy carbs)
            under a 1000 cals per day?? don't you need at least 1000 for everyday activities let alone working out, let alone building muscle.

Comment

• ^nope. That's "bro science" man. Did some roided out guy at the gym tell you that, or your highschool science teacher?? lol. I have been doing it for 2 months with no side affects.
              SLAMMED GARAGE

Comment

• I think I may get in on this, the more inspiration I get the better!

I'm 20 and have the intentions of bulking up but I have a silly fast metabolism and quite an active lifestyle which means even though I eat around 2500kal a day I find it seriously hard to gain weight.

At the moment trying out the P90x routine as my usual gym buddy's girlfriend just got back from a 2 and a half month visa mishap so as you can imagine he's been behind a bedroom door for the last 2 week straight

I've always been relatively in shape due to BMXing for quite a few years but due to the seasons and a desk job I've been falling behind a bit in fitness. The plan is to bulk up for uni in September, where I'd like to be around 168lbs.

I'm 5'10, 154lbs (11 stone) with a 31' waist and 14 1/2 biceps(they're then only ones I know off the top of my head but I'll get some more soon along with some pictures).

My Flickr http://www.flickr.com/omex_uk

Comment

• P90x and bulking up don't really go hand in hand.

Comment

• What are you guys eating for breakfast? I just started back at the gym this week. Ive never had a good handle on my breakfast lol, even back when I used to lift intensely. I usually hit the gym at 7am and eat when I get home before I go to work. any recommendations? Im also gonna be googling around. but figured Id see what y'all were eating
                    Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• have coffee before the workout, then have a protein shake when you get home from the gym. Breakfast is best to be skipped and just have coffee to replace it. After sleeping for about 6hrs your body has used up its glucose stores as a sedentary energy source, thus, when you wake up in the morning is the most opportune time for your body to burn the fat stores instead of a substitute energy source.
                      SLAMMED GARAGE

Comment

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                        What are you guys eating for breakfast? I just started back at the gym this week. Ive never had a good handle on my breakfast lol, even back when I used to lift intensely. I usually hit the gym at 7am and eat when I get home before I go to work. any recommendations? Im also gonna be googling around. but figured Id see what y'all were eating
                        got something you would like....

Yesterday we were warned of the health dangers associated with alcohol - not to mention bacon, ham and sausages. Today there is more cheering news from a different set of scientists. They have come up with the perfect excuse for heading to the pub after a game of football or rugby
                        Originally posted by Kielan
                        I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
                          welp, thats all I needed to see hahaaha

the past few mornings after working out Ive been having a protein shake and then a bowl of oatmeal like a half hour later before I leave the house.
                          Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                            P90x and bulking up don't really go hand in hand.
                            I'm aware of this but I like being fit not just strong. I already skip the P90X 'arms and shoulders' and 'shoulders and back' and replace them with my own workouts which are more suited to building muscle. It's mainly the Psychometrics and the Yoga I use it for for keeping in shape and getting more flexible (I can't even touch my toes!).

My Flickr http://www.flickr.com/omex_uk

Comment

• Touching toes is a freak of nature. I have never been able to and never will, and all those who can are freaks.
                              Originally posted by anth
                              Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

have coffee before the workout, then have a protein shake when you get home from the gym. Breakfast is best to be skipped and just have coffee to replace it. After sleeping for about 6hrs your body has used up its glucose stores as a sedentary energy source, thus, when you wake up in the morning is the most opportune time for your body to burn the fat stores instead of a substitute energy source.
                                This guy knows whats up haha.

This is pretty much what Ive started doing for the last few weeks. Basically intermittent fasting starting before bed and ending after my workout. Its also good to take a BCAA before working out too if your working out fasted. Then i'm taking protein afterwards, then eating my biggest meal of the day. Ive been reading the lean gains site and it seems like its pretty effective so i'm trying that. So far so good for me..

Also I read Muscle gaining Secrets by Jason Ferrugia, which was pretty interesting and it goes pretty well with the lean gains diet/workout. I dunno if anyone has mentioned that book yet, but Id definitely recommend checking it out. He basically recommends low reps of 5-8, high weight, and only 2-3 days of working out a week (starting out at least). Very interesting

Buy my wheels! http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32917

Comment

Working...
                                X