The Amazing Race: Fitness Thread / Work-Out Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Han View Post
    So 6'4" 235lbs. There's no "spot" treatment so you're going to have to get a full body workout + a lot of cardio + eating right to get rid of the most fat you can. What would be your short term and long term goals?
    I dont really have specific goals... Im not aiming to be ripped, and I dont have any sort of specific weight Im aiming for... I just want to get rid of the gut and tone up a bit.. I wouldn't mind a bit more mass up top, as my legs are already decent (from riding bicycles and swiming for years) But once I get to a set size, I would just be happy to maintain it..

Dunno haha, Really havent put heaps of thought into it..
    Originally posted by anth
    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxer View Post
      I dont really have specific goals... Im not aiming to be ripped, and I dont have any sort of specific weight Im aiming for... I just want to get rid of the gut and tone up a bit.. I wouldn't mind a bit more mass up top, as my legs are already decent (from riding bicycles and swiming for years) But once I get to a set size, I would just be happy to maintain it..

Dunno haha, Really havent put heaps of thought into it..
      Haha, well if you can, you can just start out by doing cardio. Running, biking, speed walking, swimming, whatever to get your heart pumping again and also help you shed excess fat in the process. You don't have to be committed to a gym right away if you don't want to right away.

If you figure out what goals you want to set, I (or anyone like Josh) can help out with a routine/plan to fit your goals. I think Josh would be better, though. He's a personal trainer.
      Originally posted by Jesus Christ
      if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
      Originally posted by Jedidiah
      he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

• That homo? A personal trainer? No wai!!

<3 you Josh

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxer View Post
          That homo? A personal trainer? No wai!!

<3 you Josh
          one day oxer... you will meet your fate just like kielan did... one day...
          cars and stuff

Comment

• My fate is an early grave due to alcohol, drugs, or a car accident.

Comment

• Getting there.

I'm flexing core in the pic; I wish I was defined enough to where I didn't have to flex. haha
              if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.

Comment

• Been slowly getting to where I'd like to be. Inspiration is Christian Bale in American Psycho..... still have a long way to go
                SLAMMED GARAGE
                slammedgarage@hotmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Petis View Post
                  Been slowly getting to where I'd like to be. Inspiration is Christian Bale in American Psycho..... still have a long way to go
                  Farther along than I am. Even though I've only been lifting/going to the gym for 4 months.

Inspiration is Brad Pitt in Fight Club or Ryan Reynolds in general. Goddamn.

Comment

• Yeah, my inspiration is a mix of Brad Pitt in Fight Club, Ryan Reynolds in Blade III, and Christian Bale in American Psycho...and a tad of Jake Gyllenhaal in Prince of Persia. Medium weight with lots of cut. I don't do well with the super skinny cut look. I have been 170lb 6% body fat, and I wasn't happy. I'm shooting for 190lb 7-10% body fat.
                    SLAMMED GARAGE

Comment

Yeah, my inspiration is a mix of Brad Pitt in Fight Club, Ryan Reynolds in Blade III, and Christian Bale in American Psycho...and a tad of Jake Gyllenhaal in Prince of Persia. Medium weight with lots of cut. I don't do well with the super skinny cut look. I have been 170lb 6% body fat, and I wasn't happy. I'm shooting for 190lb 7-10% body fat.
                      I need to get rid of my belly fat first, then bulk a little more. I don't want to be super skinny, either, but then I don't want to look completely disproportional because I'm only 5'6 and 128-130lbs and already have a small frame. I think I can bulk another 10lbs worth of muscle max and I think I'd be done for size. Just looking for cut/definition really.

Comment

• I'd bet you could put on more than that though, if you were to do heavy lifting with legs. I put on a lot of weight when I was finally able to put my legs back into my workout (after back surgery), about 15-20lbs in my legs alone.

I'd say 155lb is a good goal for your frame.
                        SLAMMED GARAGE

Comment

I'd bet you could put on more than that though, if you were to do heavy lifting with legs. I put on a lot of weight when I was finally able to put my legs back into my workout (after back surgery), about 15-20lbs in my legs alone.

I'd say 155lb is a good goal for your frame.
                          The only leg lifts I do are squats. I can already see more definition in my thighs. Might incorporate some calve raises or something.

Comment

• All the calf raises i do now (and have had the best results) are one leg at a time using only my body weight and holding a 30lb dumbell in the hand on the side of the leg I am using. Standing on an elivated platform of course. I do about 10-12 reps on each side between each set of 2-3 different workouts.
                            Ex. On a chest day. between each set of flat bench, I do my calf raises. Then between the sets of the next workout, decline cable press/flys, I do my calf raises. Then between the sets of my next workout, incline dumbell alternating press, I do them again.
                            No need to use heavy weight to get good size and definition out of your calves. I use to do heavy weight and full workouts for them and I never had the results I'm getting now.

I don't do squats, due to my back surgery, so I do lunges, leg extensions and leg curls. Both are done with one leg at a time.
                            Last edited by Petis; 03-09-2011, 09:03 AM.
                            SLAMMED GARAGE

Comment

• Cut down to 205lb. Can't wait for summer!!!
                              cars and stuff

Comment

• Cal, you arent Han anymore

Guys are killing it...

Who's seen the rock in Faster? That mofo is swole as fuck!

Comment

Working...
                                X