Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW 1M on Vintage HRE 501 by HRE Wheels, on Flickr
    sigpic

HRE Performance Wheels. For those who don't compromise.

Comment

im not even a bit surprised by the pricing. you pay to play. you want cheap wheels, go buy cheap wheels. You want the best, you go with a 3 piece fully forged wheel with a reputation, and that comes at a cost..

If you do a little research, most of the companies of this caliber charge this much for custom sets. my last set of HRE comps cost about that much, same goes for my current setup on the Z. custom wheels come at a price and hold their value pretty well overall.

i would like to know a bit more about the weight of the wheels. I assume they are heavier then the competition series, but would say an 18x12 wheel weigh around 22-24lb or more?
      sigpic
      1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
      1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

I own several sets of expensive wheels (adv.1's, works, volks, etc...) Quality comes with a price. Like 4k for 19's is a quality price. Anything over that is paying for the brand. I'm one of the few people stupid and douchey enough to pay for a brand. You're not fooling anyone Lon ...
        Last edited by nthusiastt; 02-12-2012, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1badg35 View Post
          im not even a bit surprised by the pricing. you pay to play. you want cheap wheels, go buy cheap wheels. You want the best, you go with a 3 piece fully forged wheel with a reputation, and that comes at a cost..

If you do a little research, most of the companies of this caliber charge this much for custom sets. my last set of HRE comps cost about that much, same goes for my current setup on the Z. custom wheels come at a price and hold their value pretty well overall.

i would like to know a bit more about the weight of the wheels. I assume they are heavier then the competition series, but would say an 18x12 wheel weigh around 22-24lb or more?
          Very well said. In the case of the Vintage Series, weight was not the priority. Unique styling was, in that sizing, you are probably looking in the 24-25 lb range for 12" width.

Originally posted by nthusiastt View Post
          I own several sets of expensive wheels (adv.1's, works, volks, etc...) Quality comes with a price. Like 4k for 19's is a quality price. Anything over that is paying for the brand. I'm one of the few people stupid and douchey enough to pay for a brand. You're not fooling anyone Lon ...
          We don't fool around You get a lot more. We stand behind our products before and after. Not all companies offer the warranty and customer service that we offer. I'm sure you known me from back in the day AZ and AW
          Last edited by HRE_Wheels; 02-12-2012, 04:36 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

"Boss D Porsche D Porsche"

YUP

Comment

Originally posted by Lon@HRE View Post
              I'm not sure which finish you requested, but that must be for a optional finish.

Cmon Lon.... should it matter? You are asking 2 1/2 times market value for high end wheels and you need to charge for custom finishes ? If someone was willing to give me $7,000 for a set of wheels, I might be willing to toss in a custom finish.

When I read your prices I literally LOL'd.

It is a pity really
              Real name is James

Comment

Originally posted by padraigmk3 View Post
                I'm sure adding into that cost is what they may have had to pay for the wheel design patent, the rights to sell that design, the research to decide on what bolt patters, hub bores, sizes, finishes customers will want.... and also, if you're buying a set of mint HRE wheels for 9k, how much are you going to ask for if you need to sell them? They'll hold their value down the road so if you invest that kind of money initially you'll be getting a decent portion of that back when you sell.

Granted, these cost waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaay more than I'll ever be able to afford, but for the people out there who want to save for the best, they'll find a way, and for the people who want to save a little, just wait a few years until some dingbat curbs his set and buy them at a discount.

With that said,

DEAR HRE: IF YOU GLUE SOME SPIKES TO THE SIDE OF THESE AND PAINT THEM BLACK, I'LL TOTALLY BUY THEM.
                wheel patent? Since the design is orginal HRE this shouldnt be an issue.

bolt patterns, hub sizes, finishes? I was under the impression these wheels are made to order if that is correct then it none of that should matter. nore should there be any premium for custom specs.

What it comes down to is like any other buisness: the price is reflective of what the market will bare. Other manufactures make similar spec'd wheels for less. That tells you that it's not an issue of patents, materials or specs. Some companies make the most money on every sale they can (low volume high GP) others make make less but sell tons (high volume low GP).

More power to you HRE but I doubt I will ever own a new set. IMO it does not have the value to dollar ratio that I am comfortable with.

For Sale - e24 Build thread

Add me on Facebook
                Instagram @Dared_Turtle

Comment

Originally posted by evilstar View Post
                  wheel patent? Since the design is orginal HRE this shouldnt be an issue.

bolt patterns, hub sizes, finishes? I was under the impression these wheels are made to order if that is correct then it none of that should matter. nore should there be any premium for custom specs.

What it comes down to is like any other buisness: the price is reflective of what the market will bare. Other manufactures make similar spec'd wheels for less. That tells you that it's not an issue of patents, materials or specs. Some companies make the most money on every sale they can (low volume high GP) others make make less but sell tons (high volume low GP).

More power to you HRE but I doubt I will ever own a new set. IMO it does not have the value to dollar ratio that I am comfortable with.
                  Really comes down to cost.

The cost to manufacture, design, engineer an HRE Wheel is not the same as many other custom forged wheel manufacturers. They do not maintain a TUV certified faculty, the engineering, the high quality suppliers we use, in-house manufacturing, powder coating, polishing and brushing, and the customer service. Many say they have all these, but we invite our customers to come see the factory for yourselves.

Not all wheels are created equal. I think the video shows strongly what it takes to manufacture a high quality wheel.
                  sigpic

Comment

as a guy who doesn't own a stanced car and "expensive" rims i think i can understand both sides.

some cars on here aren't worth $7500 (sry) .... sure they are modified like hell, but no regular guy will notice how much efford was spent - and how much money. so as a stanced car owner i'ld just think nice rims, but wtf is drving them crazy to take 7-9k.

on the other side you have hre. they have a long history and the vintage series is based on the work, hre spent over years in developing high end wheels. i think they know they're selling a retro design, that just now is in. they are not selling thousands of sets like rota, volk etc., i think the production is a lot handmade and their final product high end. now the stanceworks users are like the guy, that doesn't have a clue on how much time and money you spent to stance your car.

simple fact: hre just multiplied awesomess with this wheels
                    retro (known design) + brand + quality + unique through pricing and production.
                    maybe they don't wanna sell them to "anybody"

it's a bit awkward to present and feature them here in the way you just did it. i think most owners of a set hre wheels that are around $ 7-9k drive a porsche don't get me wrong guys, i know some of you are wealthy enough to buy a set - or trade their children .

but think most users of stancework just think this
                    is the wrong place to offer wheels like that in the way you did it.
                    it's just showing shine great rims and then drop prices via mail i think.
                    lol

you know every big brands creates products for masses - afffordable. i've thought you present a product on here with the help of stanceworks, so i think it's the fairest way to present wheels that most car owners are able to buy.

on the other side i think we should accept that hre is a great brand with history, the design is based on classic rims that everybody knows, the quality is perfect and i think they weren't produced that often, also because of the price. it's just a bit different than a set of te37 that's on about 10000 cars worldwide (dunno )

ok, maybe i've no clue lol
                    but maybe u can understand a bit what i'm talking bout poor english i know. but
                    i thought i have a clue why hre is offering rims in that price range and why some users are a bit "confused" why they are so F*cking expensive

Comment

^^ I agree with about the first 1/2 of your post, and the interpretations of many of this site's users. On the other hand, I see the market that HRE is selling to, and I see the quality and service behind the prices that they charge. I don't forsee the majority of S/W members being the buyers of this line, as much as we may drool over them. But the partnership between S/W and HRE is there because of the S/W founders' desire to work only with those who produce products at the top of the mountain, as evidenced by the rest of their partnerships and the Lowly Gentlemen products.

I can see how people who saw this reveal figured that this meant that we would have awesome retro wheels at similar prices to some of the other custom wheel makers out there. However that's not to be, and it just means I'll continue to drool over these wheels and put them in the "when I build a $100k project car" folder.
                      Steve - now in San Diego!

Shoot My Car - Automotive Photography in SoCal

Comment

hmm think i didn't want to say that s/w & hre doesn't match, i thought about the community and less stanceworks as brand itself. the brand stanceworks & hre is a great partnership, that's for sure. i thought i said that hre is kind of unique - between the lines

Comment

Is this real life?

Comment

The price with a custom finish does not shock me at all, nor do I believe it is unreasonable. It is priced higher than some of the other companies producing 3 piece wheels currently, but the quality and customer care are far superior as well. I would never think twice about buying and running a set of HRE wheels, where as I have seen and heard about enough bad experiences with other companies to want to stay away from them. You get what you pay for.

I understand the frustration coming from the fact that the wheels are out of many of your price ranges(myself included), but that would still hold true if they were in the $5k range as well for many of you complaining(myself included again). Sales will be the only true determining factor in whether the wheels are priced too highly or not. I personally would love to see them offered in smaller sizes for accordingly cheaper pricing, so if those of you complaining about them only being offered in 18"+ would as well, make your demand known

Comment

No matter what, we can all agree on this:

Well done, HRE. Well done indeed.

Doing all that precise work by hand isn't cheap. We feel you on that

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                              www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
                              I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

Brush Tinted HRE P40SC Conical Series

Thought I'd share some studio photos of the new HRE P40SC Conical Series in Brush Tinted.

P40SC Brush Tinted by HRE Wheels, on Flickr

P43SC Brush Tinted by HRE Wheels, on Flickr

P45SC Brush Tinted by HRE Wheels, on Flickr
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X