For British Eyes Only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For British Eyes Only

Naperville and Plainfield got into the Olympic spirit yesterday, as FMU welcomed a supremely British supercar into its midst.

Earlier in the week, we had a customer bring in his Aston Martin V8 Vantage for a few dyno runs and a parts install right in the middle of those runs. First things first, the Vantage needed a benchmark so that we can see just how much power is made after the parts install. No stranger to a dyno run here and there, we loaded up the 4.3L V8-powered Briton onto the dyno, strapped ‘er down and did some runs.

This isn’t a bone stock Aston, either. It came to us already packing an upgraded cat-back exhaust, along with several carbon fiber (or fibre, if you’re being British about it) accoutrements on all sides, including a very mean rear diffuser.

With the benchmark runs showing strong power, we went ahead and moved it over to service, where we promptly lifted up the Brit and begun the installation. We removed the OEM catalytic converters and swapped in a set of shiny hi-flow cats that should free up some additional ponies. And if there’s one thing we learned from Googling the words “British horses” to try and find an appropriate pun, it’s that the British love their horses.

All in all, the power making its way from the V8 to the shiny rear wheels jumped up by about 20 whp, which is a sizable gain for an hour’s worth of parts swapping. We’ve got the dyno graph below, along with the before-and-after video that we shot as well. Enjoy — we know the owner most certainly is, judging by his display of exhaust note upon exiting the parking lot.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTZJ8c-Lg6Y"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTZJ8c-Lg6Y[/ame]

See you tomorrow!

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Damn that thing sounds sick!
    IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

More diffuser pics!

Comment

Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
        Damn that thing sounds sick!
        Thanks! I'm trying to get a hold of the guy to see what brand exhaust it is. When you're near it in person, with the race cats it has a very Gold Wheels-like sound to it, which leads me to believe that we need to get a full custom exhaust on one of these ASAP

Originally posted by Minuki View Post
        More diffuser pics!
        Those were the only ones I took of the diffuser Next time it's in I'll get the brand, along with more pictures of it. It's really sexy, though.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
        www.stanceworks.com

Comment

This thread title makes me want to watch Arrested Development. And thats exactly what Im going to do tonite
          Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

weren't these built by ford? LOL

i really thought these cars were more powerful.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
              This thread title makes me want to watch Arrested Development. And thats exactly what Im going to do tonite
              THANK YOU. Nobody else brought it up!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7t52KkmOMA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7t52KkmOMA[/ame]

Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
              weren't these built by ford? LOL

i really thought these cars were more powerful.
              I thought so, too. I mean, that's to the wheel, but still, for that much money you'd expect more power.

At least it's a manual?

www.fluidmotorunion.com
              www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Gotta remember the V8 vantage is only the entry level Aston. Its known as the "baby Aston"

If you want a fast Aston go for a DBS

Over 500bhp and made out of lightweight aluminium, magnesium and carbon fibre means it does 0.60mph in 4.3 seconds

Comment

V8 Vantage, you're not paying to go fast, you're paying to look good, and I thought everyone knew they weren't that powerful. But fuck me do they look good, and sound good.
                  - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Still a gorgeous car, and damn would I like to get to the point where I can look at 300whp like it wasn't enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by JinxyBoi View Post
                      Still a gorgeous car, and damn would I like to get to the point where I can look at 300whp like it wasn't enough for me.
                      Amen to that. 300whp in my Civic would torque-steer me three lanes to the right. At least then I wouldn't have to worry about things like turning the wheel and other difficult parts of driving.

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                      V8 Vantage, you're not paying to go fast, you're paying to look good, and I thought everyone knew they weren't that powerful. But fuck me do they look good, and sound good.
                      They look and sound great, it just seems that for the money you get, they could at least drop another 20-30 bhp into it for an even 400 bhp. It's not the lightest car.

Originally posted by Adam. View Post
                      Gotta remember the V8 vantage is only the entry level Aston. Its known as the "baby Aston"

If you want a fast Aston go for a DBS

Over 500bhp and made out of lightweight aluminium, magnesium and carbon fibre means it does 0.60mph in 4.3 seconds
                      A DBS would be dope.

One day...

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                      www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Working...
                      X