Back Together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back Together

On some days, it seems like everything in the shop has been taken apart. So let’s check out what’s happening as we put everything back together today.

First up, we have George’s 318. As the bumper is off being treated by the body shop for some light cosmetic work, we’re working on making sure every single system in George’s car is wired up and fully operational, from the A-pillar gauge pods to the hazards to the windshield wiper nozzles. Since he’ll be taking it halfway across the country soon, we want to make sure it’s in tip-top shape! It’s almost back together, just waiting on SPEC to ship the clutch when they feel like it, and it leaves next week so we should have some quality shots up soon!

Next, we move to the S54-swapped E36. Last time you saw it, it was up in the air on a rack, with the front end pretty much apart. Now, it’s even more apart as we do a little bit of transmission tweaking. The S54 that came with this swap is an SMG model, and the owner wants to convert it to full manual, so there’s a bit of work required to do that. In the meantime, though, enjoy a picture we don’t get to take too often around here - an exposed transmission.

Over on the body side of the shop, in addition to George’s bumper, we have two other projects that are getting attention. First, we have an E46 that suffered a rather nasty front-end collision. The frame rails were good, thankfully, so a bit of parts replacement and some use of the straightener has brought everything back to its proper positioning, and now it’s busy being put back together.

Directly behind the E46, we have the Genesis. It’s receiving what will be its final matte white paint job, as we are perfectionists and wanted to make sure the car was aesthetically perfect before letting it go. It won’t be going back together just yet, as it’s been primed and sanded, but the final coats of white still need to be applied. We’ll keep you up to date on this one as it develops.

Finally, we have one picture from what’s been happening over in service. Ever taken a VANOS unit off to inspect it? When you do, you most certainly do not want the bank 2 exhaust piston to look like this:

Props to Dr. VANOS for coming through with a replacement piston at the speed of light. And props to all of you loyal readers, as well. Why? Because everybody deserves recognition from time to time, and without you all, we wouldn’t have anybody to show this neat stuff to.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

I'm just curious, why is the Genesis being painted? Thought it looked great at SYL
    Strictly Pleasure/Zero Clearance/Stretch Your Legs
    Alex

Comment

Originally posted by NeedingAnAudi View Post
      I'm just curious, why is the Genesis being painted? Thought it looked great at SYL
      Can you no read? They said they want it to be "perfect" before the let it go (which means, sell it)

jk alex.

I sent you a PM Andrew even though I doubt you know the answer lol
      BMW E38
      That White Evo
      -SOLD
      instagram @kbuss
      flickr

Comment

Because Luci actually butchered that paint job. It was missing several parts of the mixture, and it ended up attracting dirt and whatnot like a magnet (even moreso than normal). Plus, if you touched it, you'd know it was missing some things. I washed it myself a few times a few different ways, and it never got clean.

Gold Wheels will probably need to be redone at some point as well, but that's never going to be sold so we don't really give a shit when that happens. hahaha.

Originally posted by Haole View Post
        Can you no read? They said they want it to be "perfect" before the let it go (which means, sell it)

jk alex.

I sent you a PM Andrew even though I doubt you know the answer lol
        And I responded. Now respond to my response! haha

And for the record, everybody that reads this:

I do not check my StanceWorks messages as frequently as other mediums, nor do I remember them as well as other mediums. If you want to contact me with pricing requests or anything relating to work at FMU, get a hold of me at my e-mail address (andrew@fluidmotorunion.com) or on our Facebook with a message to either FMU or my personal account.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
        www.stanceworks.com

Comment

that some sick work there. you guys were ment for that haha, keep goin

Comment

Can I request your welding services???
            "I know I'm not Stance|Works material. I'm just a fan. " - Stretchd8

"Jesus must love me " - FittedDownLow

Comment

Originally posted by HEcreated487 View Post
              Can I request your welding services???
              For?

Or are you just coming onto me?

www.fluidmotorunion.com
              www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Living the dream guys, keep at it /highfive
                ( f ; _ ; )f
                braaaaaaaaains!

Comment

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
                  Because Luci actually butchered that paint job. It was missing several parts of the mixture, and it ended up attracting dirt and whatnot like a magnet (even moreso than normal). Plus, if you touched it, you'd know it was missing some things. I washed it myself a few times a few different ways, and it never got clean.

Gold Wheels will probably need to be redone at some point as well, but that's never going to be sold so we don't really give a shit when that happens. hahaha.
                  I see. I read it as "man wtf should we do today....... repaint the genesis?? Brilliant!!"

lol
                  Alex

Comment

I see. I read it as "man wtf should we do today....... repaint the genesis?? Brilliant!!"

lol
                    "What's the one area in the shop that's not currently being used? The paint booth? Fuck that, let's just key the Genesis for stress release and then paint it."

The repainting is actually to cover up all the blood and other DNA bits that are probably still in the front grill

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                    www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Love it!
                      Alex

Comment

Working...
                      X