Bright White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bright White

Bright doesn’t even begin to explain the shade of white on this restored 1990 Mercedes-Benz 560 SEC.

Tom’s 560 SEC is fresh. Fresher than anything you’ll find in the produce aisle at Caputo’s or Whole Foods. Fresher than any mouth in any Orbit commercial. And the freshness (not that we haven’t used that word enough so far) doesn’t stop with the paint. This is not your ordinary exterior-only refresh; Tom’s car went under the knife, so to speak, receiving all sorts of updates. New badges were applied, the original wheels were restored, the motor underwent a replacing of all the gaskets and various bits that it needed, the original chrome was subject to some serious polishing, and a smattering of interior pieces were replaced as well. The end result is, well, what you see here. Not only is the white paint (the original color of the car) so bright that it manages to blowout the whites in every direct-sunlight photo (something your intrepid blogger-photog didn’t notice until today, despite these pictures being taken a couple weeks ago), but the chrome looks brand new, as do the wheels. Not everything on a 20-year old car needs to be replaced in order to look spectacular; sometimes, all it takes is a little elbow grease.

Affalterbach would be proud, we’re sure of it.

For being 20 years old, the interior’s leather didn’t require a whole ton of work to look spectacular.

Even though it’s at 172,000 miles, the refresh of the motor should have it running well past the 200,000 mark. As long as you stay on top of your maintenance, motors are capable of insane amounts of mileage. Take, for example, that Accord that just hit the million-mile mark. There are also plenty of old Volvos and Benzes that are north of 300,000 at this very minute.

Of course, not every restoration includes all-original parts. As many with older cars are wont to do, Tom’s 560 SEC received a new radio. While being stuck with just AM, FM and cassettes is better than nothing, it doesn’t account for the multitudes of technological advances since Bush #1 was in office.

SEMA begins tomorrow, so expect a few releases of content that we haven’t yet shown anybody! This is going to be one incredible week, that’s for sure. By the way, some of us will be in Vegas for the big event, so if you want to meet up with us, shoot an e-mail to mmarzano@fluidmotorunion.com and let’s try to get together! We love networking at every opportunity, so we’ll be excited to get some mail while we’re there!

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Wow. That is some sexy shit, must link this to Allen. btw, I haz the same radio
    Strictly Pleasure/Zero Clearance/Stretch Your Legs
    Alex

Comment

A friends step-dad had a 560SEL back in the day... His was a grey-market car tuned by AMG w/ a 6.0L... I was so in love with that car.

Good job guys. Anything else planned for this one?
      StatusRacing.com
      Configure YOUR Seat Here
      Tel: 1.480.265.8600
      Email: sales@statusracing.com
      Fan us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by StatusRacing View Post
        A friends step-dad had a 560SEL back in the day... His was a grey-market car tuned by AMG w/ a 6.0L... I was so in love with that car.

Good job guys. Anything else planned for this one?
        Not at the moment. Chased down an intake leak not too long ago, and working on a trans issue now. There's still some service work that remains to be done, then we'll see what his plans are from there. I'd imagine that, in this condition, he'll have no problem enjoying the hell out of it in stock form!

Originally posted by NeedingAnAudi View Post
        Wow. That is some sexy shit, must link this to Allen. btw, I haz the same radio
        Give us our radio back. Thief!!

www.fluidmotorunion.com
        www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
          Not at the moment. Chased down an intake leak not too long ago, and working on a trans issue now. There's still some service work that remains to be done, then we'll see what his plans are from there. I'd imagine that, in this condition, he'll have no problem enjoying the hell out of it in stock form!
          As cool as it would be to see one of these hammered to the ground on some big 3 piece wheels... This one is too nice for that.
          StatusRacing.com
          Configure YOUR Seat Here
          Tel: 1.480.265.8600
          Email: sales@statusracing.com
          Fan us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by StatusRacing View Post
            As cool as it would be to see one of these hammered to the ground on some big 3 piece wheels... This one is too nice for that.
            Perhaps in another twenty years. haha

www.fluidmotorunion.com
            www.stanceworks.com

Comment

It's not called Arctic White for no reason..

I'm in love. Seriously was debating on getting rid of my baby coupe to get the big balls coupe.

Strictly Pleasure
              Allen
              82 Datsun 280ZX Turbo 5 Spd
              92 Mercedes 300CE Sportline 5 Spd

Comment

My only criticism is that with so much effort going into it, (which was alot as it's fucking beautiful!) the 6 year old tires really let it down with the perishing sidewalls
                /O O==[][]==O O\
                --------------------------

Comment

Working...
                X