Aaron J. Maslin: A Retrospective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron J. Maslin: A Retrospective

The Fluid MotorUnion family shrunk a bit recently, as Aaron J. Maslin, our drafter/designer, has moved on to pursue other interests. Here’s some of what he did while with us.

The more minds you have to bounce ideas off, the better. Such was the case with Aaron; his unique approach from a background that started in architecture brought a different angle to the ideas that came out of Fluid MotorUnion. That different angle didn’t just apply to his drawings, too; they also applied to his method of going around a track. Aaron and his Fluid-sponsored Honda CBR1000RR tear it up around various tracks throughout the season. If you’re from Georgia, you should see him ripping around Barber this weekend. If you’re around us in sunny ol’ Plainfield, Illinois, you can catch him at most Sportbike Track Time events at the Autobahn.

Along with various small designs, Aaron played an integral role in designing almost every big piece we’ve created since your humble narrator took over blog operations, along with the SL65 that was in here just before I arrived. Here’s a quick rundown of some of his renderings, not necessarily in chronological order. Let’s start with the X5’s wicked styling upgrade:

Our Audi RS6 intake design (slightly modified from the production version):

The infamous meth-injected E9X velocity stacks:

The E46 M3/Z4M adjustable lower control arms:

And finally, something we haven’t shown you yet. We won’t describe it just yet (that’s for the Monday of SEMA), but you may have an idea as to what it is:

All in all, we’ve had some zany adventures with Aaron as a part of our family. As he moves on to other pastures, we wish him well, and can’t wait to see where his design prowess ends up next!

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Sooooo........ This means you guys are hiring right?? lololololol

Strictly Pleasure/Zero Clearance/Stretch Your Legs
    Alex

Comment

All the best to Aaron, I appreciate him opening up a spot for me.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Comment

a little out of the blue but what rendering program do you guys use?
        Hatchbacks, wagons... It's NOT all the same. You want in? Don't get a mazda 3, get a mazda 6 wagon. Don't get a wrx get a legacy wagon. and theres a reason the A3 isn't called the A3 avant... Scion does not make a wagon it makes a weird van, but no wagons

Sincerely,
        The Wagon Mafia:Inner Circle
        P.S. Is your tail a wagon?

Show cars are lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebounder View Post
          a little out of the blue but what rendering program do you guys use?
          Aaron used to use the AutoCAD suite to draw and render everything.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
          www.stanceworks.com

Comment

so what now?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeG View Post
              so what now?
              Well, we still have all our other engineers and fabricators. Somebody will have to do the drafting, but we'll keep moving onward. Many of our designs incorporate parts of racing technology that we feel could be beneficial (or just turn out amazing) when translated to a street car platform. Hence open stacks with direct overhead injection, EBD, etc.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
              www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Cant wait to see what you guys come up with next. Im still waiting on real pics of the X5

Comment

Well, my dream job just opened up... Keep up the amazing work!
                  ///M 2.0
                  G60 POWAR... never forget

Comment

i would sweep the shop just to be around the builds and minds behind fluid motorunion. lol and the designs are amazing.

good luck Aaron with your future endeavors, and fluid motorunion continue the inspiration!

Comment

Working...
                    X