Against The Grain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Against The Grain

Sometimes, cars roll through the shop that go against the grain of what we normally work on here. But since we love all things automotive, it deserves its time in the sun.

Besides, we think everybody could use a few sunny shots today to chase away these crap-weather doldrums we’re experiencing. It’s definitely not warm, and definitely not sunny in the Chicagoland area today. But this Impala just oozes summer — it’s old, it’s clean, it’s big, and it looks like it’s ready for a cruise through the streets of downtown Naperville on a warm Friday night.

When we said this car is clean, we meant it. The paint’s minty fresh, with nary a scratch or scuff to be seen. The chrome is as shiny as the day it landed on the showroom floor, too. It looks like it’s never seen a minute of bad weather. And for that, we’re pretty jealous of it.

Even the wheels, though not our signature style, are super clean and ready to blind whomever looks at them from the wrong angle.

In your humble narrator’s opinion, the Impala lucked out with some of the most beautiful taillights of the mid-20th century. Nowadays, LEDs are the standard, but even today there is still a good amount of thought given to the design of the lights out back. But nothing beats what America was coming up with during the heyday of rock-n-roll.

And if you thought the niceness ended with the outside, you guessed incorrectly. The interior is virtually mint, as well, sporting some color-matched seats and the original AM radio, complemented by the new FM head unit hanging out underneath. Even if you wanted to feel like you were living in the 60’s, nobody should be forced to listen to AM radio constantly. That’s just mean.

Even the floor mats look as close to brand new as possible.

When parked against our E90 M3, you can definitely see some subtle differences in styling. But we’re Fluid MotorUnion, not Fluid OnlyMotorsWeLikeBecauseWe’reDicks. We celebrate all things automotive here, from rat rods to a Black Series. If you’re serious about cars, you’re in the right place.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Love me an oldschool.

One of my favorite cars of all time. Clean ass example.
    Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
    Fuck Rotas, I'd rather my wheels not break apart when I drive over a watermelon seed.

Comment

Gorgeous, but I have to say the wheels are very much contrary to my personal tastes.

It doesn't appear to be a SuperSport, so I'd guess a 327 is in it?

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Comment

Jumped in the fo' hit the juice on my ride
        I got front back and side to side
        Then I let the Alpine play
        sigpic

BMW M5 V8 1993
        Slowtoys CC

Comment

Working...
        X