From Silence To Violence: BS Is Flying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Silence To Violence: BS Is Flying

Red Bull will give you wings, but Raging Bull Marketing will give you carbon-fiber Varis wings. For their CLK63 AMG Black Series.

As we mentioned in yesterday’s weekend recap, Joe and Mitchell of Raging Bull Marketing came through town, not only to see what the Chicago nightlife was about, but also to drop off one more piece of the CLK63 puzzle — their carbon-fiber Varis wing for the BS’s trunk. Now, most wings for the BS involve a mounting point somewhere in the middle of the trunk. Depending on your personal aesthetic, this can be a good or bad thing. For RBM, there was a better way to do it. So they set about doing it better. First, though, came the unboxing. Joe brought the wing with himself on the airplane, wrapped in his own comforter. Previous to its use here, it served him well on his countertop, cooling small pies. The comforter also came in use during the trip here, as we refused to give him a blanket or anything comfortable to sleep on. Sucks to roll hard!

Once we found the perfect space for the wing’s mounting arms (right at the edges of the trunk), we set about preparing the trunk itself for the mounting of the, um, mounts. Joe and Mitchell removed the trunk and set about drilling holes into a trunk that’s probably more expensive than some cars rolling around on the street. It’s a very satisfying feeling, drilling directly into something that’s not meant to be drilled into. Do not take that previous sentence the wrong way, skeezballs.

After the trunk mounts were secure, affixing the wing was as easy as the pies that once cooled on top of that wing. Let’s take a look at the final result! In your humble narrator’s opinion, it looks fantastic. Varis is typically found on Japanese cars, but recently they’ve been branching out into the European market; this wing is meant for an E9x BMW, if we recall correctly. It’s adjustable beyond all getout, so it should provide for epic downforce for both Time Attack and Texas Mile driving, along with awesomeforce for SEMA. The last one may not actually be related to physics.

And as if things weren’t already getting serious, we’re commencing work on the serious twin-screw action happening under the hood. You can take that last sentence however you’d like, because no matter which way you analyze it, it’s pretty awesome.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

not sure about that wing........
    BMW E38
    That White Evo
    -SOLD
    instagram @kbuss
    flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Haole View Post
      not sure about that wing........
      And its point is achieved! It's meant to be a bit controversial.

But it matches the grey-on-CF motif and also will provide for epic downforce at speed.

Function > form > function. It's complicated, hahaha.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
      www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Wheel gap is the problem with that picture. Put the lift back on the ground and it'll look great.
        Strictly Pleasure/Zero Clearance/Stretch Your Legs
        Alex

Comment

Looks perfect with that car I think, and I **** (strongly dislike) BGWs!

Also love the boxes of 3" pipe with 90* and 45* bends among other boxes of pipes!
          /O O==[][]==O O\
          --------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by NeedingAnAudi View Post
            Wheel gap is the problem with that picture. Put the lift back on the ground and it'll look great.
            Too lazy. Had more underbody work to do :|

Originally posted by TheRev View Post
            Looks perfect with that car I think, and I **** (strongly dislike) BGWs!

Also love the boxes of 3" pipe with 90* and 45* bends among other boxes of pipes!
            We keep a lot of steel handy. Don't know why, though

www.fluidmotorunion.com
            www.stanceworks.com

Comment

The dude's from Washington, cool.
              IG: ossiep

Comment

Working...
              X