From Silence To Violence: All The BS You Can Handle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Silence To Violence: All The BS You Can Handle

Are you guys as excited for the RBM x FMU Black Series SEMA build as we are? Good, because we’ve got it on the blog again today.

The pace hasn’t slowed one bit since we got crackin’ on the Black Series’ headers and exhaust, among other trick little things we haven’t mentioned yet. Today is no different, as the designing, fitment work and welding haven’t broken pace once.

Today, we’re going to focus on the work taking place at the middle resonator set, heading backwards towards the rear section. We’ve already put together the X-pipe and the initial piping that extends to just behind the differential, so enjoy some pictures from that region while we keep crackin’ on the headers up front. We’re moving quickly, but not a single inch of our perfectionist style is being compromised; after all, we’re pretty amped to have the honor to build a SEMA car, and that energy should be riding with us until the minute the BS leaves our facility. Enjoy the pics!

Aside from more Black Series content (obviously), we’ll have a good post or two up about Scott’s twin-turbo Explorer build, which is moving along just as quickly. Until tomorrow!

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Looks like shit.

I lied.

I'd assume the ends are foiled to keep the shielding gas near the back sides of the welds?

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by cobrawannabe View Post
      Looks like shit.

I lied.

I'd assume the ends are foiled to keep the shielding gas near the back sides of the welds?

Correct! That's called backpurging. If you don't run the welding gas (argon, typically) on the backside of the metal being tig welded, it will oxidize. That oxidization looks bad and ruins airflow through the piping. And the flow of the argon over the metal has to be at a certain level, too. Welding is not easy if you want it done perfectly, haha.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
      www.stanceworks.com

Comment

That is fucking cool. If only I had the money, I'd love to see what ya'll could do with a starion.

-Justin
        1987 Chrysler Conquest TSi

Comment

I came.

Excellent welds, glad to see the trade is not disappearing.

From one certified welder to another... well done.
          BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
          Originally posted by Ollie
          We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post

Correct! That's called backpurging. If you don't run the welding gas (argon, typically) on the backside of the metal being tig welded, it will oxidize. That oxidization looks bad and ruins airflow through the piping. And the flow of the argon over the metal has to be at a certain level, too. Welding is not easy if you want it done perfectly, haha.
            AHA! Backpurging! I knew there was a term for it. I'm known for being nearly obsessive over the quality of my welds, so I know exactly what you guys go through.

If you haven't already, wait until you get into welding Ti!

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Comment

i need to learn how to weld man, great shit as usual.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
                i need to learn how to weld man, great shit as usual.
                Love you too Jaze

Originally posted by cobrawannabe View Post
                AHA! Backpurging! I knew there was a term for it. I'm known for being nearly obsessive over the quality of my welds, so I know exactly what you guys go through.

If you haven't already, wait until you get into welding Ti!
                We've done Ti. Same quality of beads, but a lot more "fun." hahaha

Appreciate the kind words!

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                I came.

Excellent welds, glad to see the trade is not disappearing.

From one certified welder to another... well done.
                That means a lot coming from another certified welder. Thanks!

Originally posted by NudeLobster View Post
                That is fucking cool. If only I had the money, I'd love to see what ya'll could do with a starion.

-Justin
                All in due time, Justin. Keep scratchin' those scratch-offs.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Working...
                X