Friday Night Lights, September 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Night Lights, September 2011

This past week, Fluid grabbed up a couple cars on the premises and headed out to JDM Chicago’s Friday Night Lights car meet.

Just like every Friday, the end hours of the day were brimming with anticipation. This week, it wasn’t just the anticipation of the weekend, but also the anticipation of Friday Night Lights. With over 600 people attending on Facebook, we knew it was going to be fun, but it was also a chance to get some serious exposure. With the M3 and Genesis coming later, we rounded up Master Kim’s Viper, M. Bfurroughs’ E36, the RBM x FMU CLK63 Black Series, and Ashley’s E90 335i to prepare for departure. We were also joined by a few members of JDM Chicago, not all of whom will be featured in today’s photos (Sorry guys! Some photos came out as absolute garbage). After we hit the highway, your fearless photog stuck his torso out of the E36 and proceeded to snap a few rolling shots.

Thankfully, traffic was light and Friday Night Lights was not yet packed to the brim, so we managed to find parking pretty easily, in enough spaces to accomodate our cars and those of our friends from JDMC, as well as some extra space for the late arrivals from FMU — hey, we still had to work.

Nighttime shots were marred by inconsistent bright lighting and random people walking around, so what follows is the best we could scrounge from the couple hundred shots we took. Sorry if we missed yours, but this definitely won’t be our last Friday Night Lights. Everybody was cool and had a good time, so we can’t wait to hit up the 2012 round of FNLs.

A big shout-out to everybody that came with us, and everybody that stopped by our collection of cars during the course of the evening. We can’t wait to see you out on the road! And for everybody who hasn’t been to Friday Night Lights yet, you should check it out.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

You're getting really good at those rolling shots Andrew. Looks like a good time. Should have come to H2O though.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Hey Andrew did you see Vegas's and my car tucked away in the back next to the huge concrete wall? He had the cressida with boso pipes and I had the lame looking B5 with mismatched wheels. I saw you guys roll out around 10ish?
      Strictly Pleasure/Zero Clearance/Stretch Your Legs
      Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
        You're getting really good at those rolling shots Andrew. Looks like a good time. Should have come to H2O though.
        Thanks Kielan. Did the CLK shots in full manual, too. It's tough finding the right shutter speed that doesn't aggravate blurs due to choppy wind, but still captures motion without looking like a still shot. 200-320 is usually the money range, depending on available light and how far out of the car I'm poking.

H2O next year, I'll try my best!

Originally posted by NeedingAnAudi View Post
        Hey Andrew did you see Vegas's and my car tucked away in the back next to the huge concrete wall? He had the cressida with boso pipes and I had the lame looking B5 with mismatched wheels. I saw you guys roll out around 10ish?
        I didn't venture too far once we started revving, in case I had to keep restless crowds at bay, plus I just love the look on peoples' faces when they realize that our cars are making that noise.

I did see your cars briefly, but all my shots turned out jagged, overly noisy or blurry as shit. I fucking **** nighttime shots.

They rolled out before me. I got back to my Civic to notice that OJ left me with 5% of gas in my tank (11 gal tank). He had to come back, as I ran out of gas waiting in line to leave. Haha.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
        www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Ouch. I only realized fluid was there when I saw burrough's e36 crawling through the crowds. Had I known sooner I would have found you guys and introduced myshyself.
          Alex

Comment

Ouch. I only realized fluid was there when I saw burrough's e36 crawling through the crowds. Had I known sooner I would have found you guys and introduced myshyself.
            You can introduce yourself at our BBQ. And I'll introduce myself again at Stretch Yo Legs IV.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
            www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
              You can introduce yourself at our BBQ. And I'll introduce myself again at Stretch Yo Legs IV.
              If I could facebook like this comment, I would.
              Alex

Comment

If I could facebook like this comment, I would.
                And I would like your like.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Thanks Kielan. Did the CLK shots in full manual, too. It's tough finding the right shutter speed that doesn't aggravate blurs due to choppy wind, but still captures motion without looking like a still shot. 200-320 is usually the money range, depending on available light and how far out of the car I'm poking.

H2O next year, I'll try my best!

I didn't venture too far once we started revving, in case I had to keep restless crowds at bay, plus I just love the look on peoples' faces when they realize that our cars are making that noise.

I did see your cars briefly, but all my shots turned out jagged, overly noisy or blurry as shit. I fucking **** nighttime shots.

They rolled out before me. I got back to my Civic to notice that OJ left me with 5% of gas in my tank (11 gal tank). He had to come back, as I ran out of gas waiting in line to leave. Haha.
                  Oh I know all about rolling shots . You guys must be flying if you can take your shots at that shutter speed haha.
                  - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Oh I know all about rolling shots . You guys must be flying if you can take your shots at that shutter speed haha.
                    Burroughs' speedo doesn't work, so I had genuinely no idea how fast we were going

I always take my glasses off, too, so I do my rolling shots, more or less, literally blind (I'm incredibly nearsighted). If I lost them, I'd be fucked. Seriously fucked. So better safe than sorry.

I-294 is nuts, as the average speed on there is 80 in a 55. No other highway in the state has that sort of attitude. And I, for one, love it.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                    www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Burroughs' speedo doesn't work, so I had genuinely no idea how fast we were going

I always take my glasses off, too, so I do my rolling shots, more or less, literally blind (I'm incredibly nearsighted). If I lost them, I'd be fucked. Seriously fucked. So better safe than sorry.

I-294 is nuts, as the average speed on there is 80 in a 55. No other highway in the state has that sort of attitude. And I, for one, love it.
                      I too am blind without glasses, which is why I wear contacts especially when I know I'm going shooting.
                      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

I too am blind without glasses, which is why I wear contacts especially when I know I'm going shooting.
                        I have astigmatism in my right eye, and I cannot handle the thicker torsion lenses, as the blink-and-refocus part of them gives me extreme headaches.

Lasik or glasses are my options. And I look weird as fuck without my glasses.

I just have to go balls to the wall.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                        www.stanceworks.com

Comment

I've always loved 294 speeds, I can make it from North ave to six flags in 25 minutes. Ever since I went "low", I have been very surprised at how smooth the roads in Chicagoland truly are. I always assumed it would be hell on wheels to navigate around, but the hardest thing I've encountered is a graveyard shift construction team that tried to make me go over a median across north ave.
                          Alex

Comment

I've always loved 294 speeds, I can make it from North ave to six flags in 25 minutes. Ever since I went "low", I have been very surprised at how smooth the roads in Chicagoland truly are. I always assumed it would be hell on wheels to navigate around, but the hardest thing I've encountered is a graveyard shift construction team that tried to make me go over a median across north ave.
                            Over by Rt. 83? I hit that shit on Friday night, and it suckeddddddd.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                            www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Yessir. I promptly scrapped and stopped, everyone working seemed to be in good spirits so I wasn't harshed on for holding up traffic at 2:30 in the morning lol
                              Alex

Comment

Working...
                              X