No announcement yet.

Rubbing Fenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can barely turn my front wheels, it kind of pisses me off. I'm not as low as I want to be, my wheels are sunk in about 18mm, and I can't turn the steering wheel much past 90 degrees without rubbing hardcore. Both my fenders are already wavey and the inner lip is starting to crack and separate from the rest of the fender.

Comment

ditch the fake wheels and it won't rub anymore, i promise.
      1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
      Stance:Nation Feature | Build Thread

Comment

:/

Comment

The sound of my sub-frame bracing smacking the pavement on big dips in the highway is considerably louder than the sound of my tires rubbing, so to avoid hearing either noise I just turn up the music
          MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
          Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

I also tend to crank my music to drown out the sound lol
            -Brandon-

Comment

Originally posted by RedE46Bimmer View Post
              I also tend to crank my music to drown out the sound lol
              haha x3

Comment

I don't even notice tire rubbing anymore. When I'm with a passenger it's like,

"Umm, what's that noise...?"
                "What noise? Oh, that's just the tires hitting the fenders, don't worry about it, it's fine."
                "Uhhhh... "

Comment

A sticker solved my problems:

Comment

Most front fenders are pretty soft, you could probably roll them a bit and give them a tug by hand.

Comment

just as a side note, i was wondering how thick is the sidewall of most tires? i rub all day everyday but because this is my first build ive never experienced just how much i can get away with before i a blow out. any words of wisdom to share?

heres a old pic . since this ive thrown on 15mm spacers, ive had my fenders flared and a -2 camber adjustment. my entire sidewall is bare now. with 245/35/19 on 9.5 in wide miro stp3

Comment

Working...
                      X