Need help deciding a paint scheme...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help deciding a paint scheme...

Hey, first off, sorry if this is the wrong forum, wasn't quite sure where it would be long..

I have a '83 528e that is currently covered in bedliner due to the previous owner. I want to paint it, and I'll come up with an idea, then eventually feel like I wouldn't like it..
    The car is going to be stripped/caged, and converted to a 2-seater.

• I originally wanted to do black and white/shadowlined, but I felt that would get pretty boring.

• Then after seeing JJ's RS4 Avant, I thought a car painted in marine sage C.A.R.C paint would be cool. Just like militarize it with sharkmouth, emblems, etc.. But Now I feel like taking care of that paint may be more trouble than it's worth. Also feel like there are so many factors that could make that design shit.

• I thought about shadowlining with all accessories(roll bar, engine pieces, etc) being painted with High-Vis sage green (Basically the stuff you see on street signs).

I'm painting it myself, and I don't want another black car. Can anyone toss me out some color scheme that could maybe help me make my decision?

Thanks guys!
    Originally posted by projectmaxspeed
    well i want to be different i could go for some vette saw blades

That destructo-ray is a played out gag, in the cape
    and the pants suit lookin' like a straight out...Dag.

The CARC on JJ's RS is a great stunt, but that shit is nasty. It looks great on there, but it's cancer in a can - I wouldn't want it on anything I owned.

Just playing with what you've listed in my head, I wonder if urban camouflage wouldn't look good on there. One of my studio-mates in architecture school did a project in monochrome greys with bright chartreuse accents (very similar to the high-vis sage green you listed) and it was extremely striking.

Comment

Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
      The CARC on JJ's RS is a great stunt, but that shit is nasty. It looks great on there, but it's cancer in a can - I wouldn't want it on anything I owned.

Just playing with what you've listed in my head, I wonder if urban camouflage wouldn't look good on there. One of my studio-mates in architecture school did a project in monochrome greys with bright chartreuse accents (very similar to the high-vis sage green you listed) and it was extremely striking.
      Well, it wouldn't 'technically' be the CARC that was lead based, since it's not legal to be sold. They came up with an alternative that does the same thing, that can be sold to the public.

My biggest worry is caring for a flat/matte/satin car. It can get fucked up so bad, so easily..

I appreciate the urban camo idea, but I feel like that's one of those things that will either look really good, or really terrible in practice. Kind of like, sounds cool in the head, but when in view, not so much?

I don't know if I want a camo pattern either. (Everyone says this) but It's just a slide/show project.

Comment

Originally posted by Expire View Post
        I appreciate the urban camo idea, but I feel like that's one of those things that will either look really good, or really terrible in practice. Kind of like, sounds cool in the head, but when in view, not so much?
        As with everything we do, execution will make or break it. Sharp lines and a regularized pattern would help keep it from looking like a rattle can job. I've seen it done well, and more often, I've seen it done exceptionally poorly.

I tend to think these two are fairly successful examples:

Obviously the latter is more of a dazzle camouflage than a traditional urban, but the large pattern size looks very sharp.

Anyway, I won't push you in any particular direction, just a thought.

Comment

Ah, no worries man, I asked for ideas, you can push me either which way. The e28 bmw is very odd, they can look really classy (can't remember username atm, will edit in a few) or look very violent and mean, in the case of Rusty, jCrane, Aaron wey, etc etc..

I think it would be more dependent on other mods for the urban camo to be able to get pulled off. All the cars I see it with are high end or just fast. E28s aren't that quick, at least mine isn't.

The car is stripped and will be caged soon enough, so I'm looking to take the aggressive approach, it's just one of those things that "everything has been done before". I love old war things, and I know it's my car and shouldn't care what people say, but I'm not trying to catch flack for having a shark mouth on the side because "Mike Burroughs did it first!"

But I live in PA, I want something that will stand out, and well look aggressive while doing it. I'll keep the urban camo on the back burner!

Comment

Gonna bump this since I still need some ideas, otherwise I may be going CARC.

Comment

somewhat the same as the A3 above

Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post
                somewhat the same as the A3 above

I've been tossing around a battle ship gray color as well, sort of like this fatlace s14.

Comment

This dude has a pretty sweet wrap similar to that. He calls it a P51 Tribute Mustang. 5oh_low on instagram.
                  Stanced

Comment

Originally posted by Jfitz View Post

This dude has a pretty sweet wrap similar to that. He calls it a P51 Tribute Mustang. 5oh_low on instagram.
                    I've seen his before, I'm not exactly looking for a wrap though. It's sort of just a 'dgaf/nice enough to show off/won't feel bad abusing' kind of build. And for the 'dgaf' part, i've actually given plenty so far.. lol

As much **** as I'm gonna get for whatever reason "don't do that to an e28" "biter" etc etc.

I'm looking into some CARC sealer, inspired by JJ's audi

I figured that nato/forest green would pair really well with some black and bronze, I could be wrong though.

Bottom line is that I won't be happy if I just paint it white (as what everyone seems to recommend.) [excluding people in this thread]

Comment

Yeah, black and bronze could work. Seems like the Green would work with nice bronze accents. Black hood.
                      Stanced

Comment

Yeah, black and bronze could work. Seems like the Green would work with nice bronze accents. Black hood.
                        Word, I'm thinking:

Forrest green all over, bumpers pushed & painted satin black, bronze style 5s (for now), quad hella light set up on the front, There is a lot I wanna do, but I also don't want to give it all away haha

Comment

As long as you consider the M5 Spoiler, I approve.

Stanced

Comment

As long as you consider the M5 Spoiler, I approve.

Funny you should mention it, I'm actually looking into creating a high-rise duck tail from some scrap metal and bolting it on, It would "hopefully" flow with some bolt on fenders

Comment

I look forward to the build.
                              Stanced

Comment

Working...
                              X