No announcement yet.

Rolling fenders with a magazine????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, but everywhere I read suggests rolling over cutting with fenders like that cause you could cut open a cavity leaving the inside walls exposed to oxidation and other bad stuff..

Comment

this is true, you can seal it back up though, some people put silicone.

On the e46 the lip of the fender is quite thick, but you don't have to cut it all the way to the edge of the fender, if you leave a small lip it wont split and you can then roll that flat.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Roll then cut......

This is how I rolled my fenders..

You can roll your fenders with a jack, heat gun, and a hammer. You don't actually use the hammer to hammer in the lip, you'll use the wooden handle. You jack up the car to make the wooden handle of the hammer fit between the tire and the fender. Get a heat gun and warm up your fender. Bend in the lip and do it in stages, it's best to start from the center of the fender. Go half way once and then bend the lip all the way in...

Here are some pictures of what it looks like. I didn't use a heat gun because the car is going to get painted anyways. As you can see my lip is totally flat.

Bad picture but you get the idea..

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
          e46 fenders are damn near impossible without having them cut
          e46's are only hard to roll coz of the sealer, did you not remove it? Other than that they are pretty similar to most other arches, a little thicker but not much...

Skateboard truck and wheel is where it's at for pull/rolling, I've used most techniques except for the proper rollers coz I'm too cheap and it's the one imho

Comment

Comment

Damn. Is this the same Firelizard from VSC?

I got the silver Lincoln LS I was trying to do up VIP inspired. Talk to you a few times on VSC.

Anyway, I think for shits and giggles Im gunna try this out today. Got the day off and I need to do more work now that I got my adapters so..... why not huh?

Comment

if you roll guards with something that isn't even and smooth what will your guards end up like?

Comment

Working...
                X