BMW e21 lowering / camber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW e21 lowering / camber

I have a 1983 BMW 320is I'm not looking to go very low on it just about 1.25 inch using lowering springs and Blistien sports. I'm new to lowering cars was just wondering if anyone could give me advice no weather or not with that little bit of change in height it I would have to put I adjustable camber in the front or rear. Any help would be great.

If I'm not mistaken 2002 and E21 rear suspension uses the same beam type rear subframe and semi trailing arms as an e30. You will gain rear camber with a lowered car, but you should be able to find subframe bushings that place the subframe closer to the body of the car to help offset the lower static height.

The front will gain a bit of camber but nothing to be concerned about. I am on H&R Race springs on my E30 with no camber correction. It's not ideal for tire wear but not extreme. With the drop you are looking for you should be fine without camber correction.

Comment

My e21 is lowered about 1.5 on bavauto springs. No camber correction needed. You can see it here. Compared to my e30 there is little difference in tire wear.

Comment

Working...
      X