Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New at stance. 91 Acura Legend . Advice, guidance...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New at stance. 91 Acura Legend . Advice, guidance...

I Have a 1991 Acura Legend coupe 3.2l 6cyl auto. Pretty sure its all stock setup. I havent seen much information for FWD stances so I thought I'd ask.
    Suggestions for suspension, rims, tires, sizing?

I dont have the measurements for my current wheel setup, but im thinking my rims are 17 inch something like 6 wide all around ( not sure, will verify later)
    i already have uneven wear on my front tires. The rims sort of poke out already.

Thanks to all who reply.

--------------______
    update: Got the alignment done and new tires, going to look at coilovers soon! rims are after that.
    Car is currently in the shop getting the drivers side window workings fixed and im gonna have to buy glass too cuz the old one broke recently.
    Will keep updatedd
    Last edited by demetreftw; 06-13-2012, 01:19 AM.

look into air bags will be a little more money but the results will be amazing..

Comment

Before you do any lowering/stance: get your car in good shape (maintenance wise). The added stress of lowering will kill old parts quickly, which can be a pain in the dick.

Originally posted by demetreftw View Post
      I Have a 1991 Acura Legend coupe 3.2l 6cyl auto. Pretty sure its all stock setup. I havent seen much information for FWD stances so I thought I'd ask.
      You have a luxury accord , any techniques that would apply to the larger hondas, accord coupe and sedan, will apply to you. I would go with a decent set of coilovers. Get adjustable ball joints, rear adjustable arms, and clearance the front shock towers if needed.

Originally posted by demetreftw View Post
      I dont have the measurements for my current wheel setup, but im thinking my rims are 17 inch something like 6 wide all around ( not sure, will verify later)
      i already have uneven wear on my front tires. The rims sort of poke out already.
      17's will work well stanced on your car, take in mind when you lower your car the wheels will tuck in (negative camber). If your wheels poke a tad at this height, find the offset and use the many fitment guides to figure out your stance.

Oh and 6inch wheels are narrow as hell, 8.5 (small, I have 17x8.5 et 20 on my accord and they look a tad narrow). 9-9.5 ideal would be ideal.
      Last edited by Leftouch; 07-27-2012, 04:15 PM.

Comment

anybody use the k-sport coilovers to lower one of these? found a 6spd coupe locally and was thinking of picking it up and using those coilovers

Comment

legends are sweet - hope you do it justice!
          91 DiamondSchwartzMetallic S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Euro E30, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
          ig @rudestance / @renownusa

Comment

This would be even cooler if it was a 6spd , good luck man.
            Great neck

Comment

Working...
            X