Need any BB6 members advice..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need any BB6 members advice..

Alright, looking for some input. I any of you guys have/had a stanced prelude know a guy with one, I need your opinion(s). Just ordered my wheels 17x9 +30.. Can't decide what tire size to run with, 215/40-45 or 205/40-45.. Fenders are already rolled, coilovers are F&Ftype-2's so stiffness shouldn't be a problem. Just looking for you that have done this what worked, what didn't work what to watch for etc..haha

Thanks fellas.

depends on how crazy of a stretch you want. On my BB6 I've got 205/40 on an 8 and its a very minor stretch. I'd probably do a 205/45. Have you relocated your fender tab? Also what kinda wheels are you getting?

here's a 205/40 on a 9

215/40 on a 9

Comment

Relocated fender tab? Explain? Haha I got MB Battles. I was on tyrestretch.. I think I'd rather do the 205.. Just unsure on the sidewall as of now.. Rather be to small than too big.

Comment

The tab that holds the rear bumper to the quarter panel needs to be moved back or else it'll rub really bad. If you already rolled your rear fender's you might have done it. there's a picture somewhere I'll try and find. yeah I'd do the 205. I personally like a little bit of sidewall but thats just me. 40 or 45 would look decent.

*edit. here's the picture I was talking about.
        Last edited by Alexridesabike; 03-03-2012, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Ohh yeah! I did that when I rolled the fenders. I rolled fronts and backs. Saw that that would probably be an issue at one time so I got a cut off wheel in there and kinda etched it out

Comment

Then you should be good to go! Post some pictures of your prelude up when you get the wheels!

Comment

Will do man.. They come in on Tuesday. I'll do a test for and see how much room I have to work with as far as wheels are concerned.. Thanks, Alex?

Comment

I any of you guys have

Comment

Lolwut?

Thanks man, didn't go with the super concave 9.5 +15 cause I honestly dont wanna try and make them fit, plus I don't drive a 240 haha. I think they will look good

Comment

I have 17x9 +30 on the back of my car with 215/40's. Never had a problem other than the occasional scrub on the bumper. Personally, anything narrower than a 215 on the back looks like a pizza cutter.

BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                    Originally posted by Ollie
                    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

hey momslilmons did you roll your fenders at all??

Comment

Working...
                      X