Straight Pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zack01GC View Post
    I had a hole in the large rear muffler of my car. So... I still have the cat and resonator in place, but 2.5" straight pipe from the rear diff all the way out the back. Not too loud inside, apparently it's real loud outside, though. I haven't heard it from the outside, too cold to roll with the windows down, as well.

Sounds like a farm tractor at idle, but sounds awesome through the rest of the rev range. Can't say it would sound the same for an E36, though.

Haha...looks just like mine.

Comment

lol keep in mind back half my car is gutted... city speed, from idle to about 2.7k the loudest and deepest. freeway, speed around 3-3.5k not quite as loud as city rpms and you can keep it relatively quite with light throttle but if you press down it barks again. For the high rpm, still has the signature screaming rasp all the way to redline.

BAR / TheIllu510nEvo<-- check it out

Comment

I did 3" straightpipe on my Civic. No cat, no resonator, no muffler.

Comment

God damn thats loud. How are you going to get away with that here in the S bay?

Comment

I didn't lol, modified exhaust one week and state ref the next week. It's off right now though, I guess it's illegal to drive a Honda in San Jose haha.

Comment

No offense but man that 3" on the honda is just awful. Let alone that a single decatted 3" on a NA 4 cylinder killed what little torque it did have.

Nothing wrong with a little carback if you need to make a little extra noise.

Comment

Ya it's cool, I know it sounds bad but I just did it for shits n giggles. And to just be plain annoying and be able to make Honda jokes everytime I drive haha.

Comment

I thought about doing this to my m3, I have found a few clips on youtube of it and so far I just got rid of my resonators and it made it raspier. If I were you I would take off my muffler and see if you like the sound. Jamil - get a sound clip of yours.
                  E53 4.4 Sterling Gray Metallic
                  E36 M3 Mugello rot
                  GEN2 TUNDRA CM
                  https://instagram.com/carlmichaeljohnson/

Comment

Sound clips!
                    Originally posted by da3bous
                    I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

other than a potential modified exhaust ticket, screw the sound. except a 3" on a n/a 4 cylinder. that idea can go right to hell.

Comment

just cut the muffler off. done.

Comment

on my vr im running 2.25 piping test pipe and a thrust welded ( similer to a flowmaster 40 series ) and i love it. you can pick one up at autozon for 35 buck or on ebay

Comment

Working...
                          X