E36 coupe partial window retraction, window moves itself whilst driving :S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E36 coupe partial window retraction, window moves itself whilst driving :S

Gday, just wondering if anyone has had the problem of there e36 coupe window partially opening whilst driving. it happens at very random intervals. I've done the window switch initialising. still yet to drive the car and see if it does it again.
    IG: wade_rees_
    BMW 320i E30 turbo

make sure the door catch is adjusted right, is any of the plastic on it worn? i had to replace both mine when i got the car

Comment

yeh just read on bimmerforums that this might be the case, if not the microswitch some people reckon.
      IG: wade_rees_
      BMW 320i E30 turbo

Comment

yeh, i adjusted the catch so many times with the old microswitches, with no luck, so i dropped the cash on new ones. passenger side door is still a bit iffy, but i need to replace the motor, adjust the glass, then adjust the hinges gotta love pillarless doors

Comment

I just places a little steel epoxy on the switch so the switch will protrude a little,its all good.
          Hope this helps

Comment

sounds like the window motor is going out. i replaced mine and they seem to work perfectly fine now
            CUSCO USA // BRIDE JAPAN

Comment

It's the microswitch on the body of the car like previous posters said, a quick but limited fix is also applying a couple thin little layers of masking tape across it to essentially make it a bit "larger" of a target for the latch to hit..

Comment

Working...
              X