Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Help, will these fit correctly?

Hey guys,

I've got a 2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Sedan and I just scored some free tires from a buddy of mine that works at a dealership. I'm not exactly sure if they will fit my stock wheels though. The tires I own currently are Toyo's and they are 225/45/R17 94W and the ones that I picked up are Michelin 225/50/R17, does the small change in the number make a difference?

Thanks everyone!

The middle number is your sidewall ratio. So 225/45 means your sidewall is 45% tall as your tread is wide. So 225 x 0.45 = sidewall height. So going from a 225/45 to a 225/50 just makes your sidewall increase by 5%, which is like 11.25mm more sidewall.

225 = tread width
    45 = % of sidewall to tread
    17 = rim size

Comment

Originally posted by BradsPGT View Post
      The middle number is your sidewall ratio. So 225/45 means your sidewall is 45% tall as your tread is wide. So 225 x 0.45 = sidewall height. So going from a 225/45 to a 225/50 just makes your sidewall increase by 5%, which is like 11.25mm more sidewall.

225 = tread width
      45 = % of sidewall to tread
      17 = rim size
      Very useful information, my friend. So what you're saying is, the different tire size won't effect the ride or have any negative effect on the vehicle?

Comment

As long as you have the room to spare between your tire and your strut perch or other parts of your vehicle you will be fine. The more sidewall you have, the smoother your ride would be.

You would just need to make sure you have room to spare because the extra sidewall will make your overall tire diameter taller.

Hope that helps some.

Comment

willtheyfit.com is good to compare tyres/wheel widths/rolling diameters etc

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
            willtheyfit.com is good to compare tyres/wheel widths/rolling diameters etc
            this
            Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Working...
            X