No announcement yet.

I **** cv axles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had to replace my first pair last month. $1200 or so. /cry.

Comment

op call marty @ raxles.

ive been through 15+ until i called him

or there is a way we vw 1.8t guys mod the inner cup on the oem axles to make for no binding. ive done it multiple times for friends so i know that works too
      drift

Comment

At least you guys have them commonly available, I need both of the rears for my car and have only found them at three places (new), and a few more that were reman'd. Not widely out there, I think maybe 2 of them on eBay total.

Comment

I'm not just tearing the boots I'm pulling the inner joint completely out of the socket. Its literally flopping around. Now since I've been on air I haven't broken them like that but I'm on my third OEM pass. side in under a year.

The car is auto so the pass. side is shorter then the driver's side. Its possible to raise the motor in a FWD A4. AWD is where you'd run into problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase Otter(: View Post
            Mine make a wonderful grinding and crunching noise, and my driver side one is going to die soon.
            your idea with rasing the motor is good though. i might do that for mine too!
            had the same problems with my buddys jetta after slaming it ( 1.8 inches if ground Clarence ) . to fully get rid of the binding i had to, file open the 3 holes that hold the lower ball joint to allow me to widen the track just a hair; about 3-4mm (sounds small but makes a huge difference) , raised the motor and tranny 1inch
            ( believe it or not use hockey pucks with a longer bolt. verry old vw trick) and on the drivers side cv boot kept poping outa place so i pushed it in about an inch
            ( knocked the factory clamp off and used a hose clamp instead) . car is driven about 3 hours to work 5 days outa the week and so far no axle issues . hope this helped somebody .

Comment

ive only been through one pair so far.
              but my drivers side axle popped out 2 days ago.
              seems like i just didnt tighten it all the way onto the inner socket because no bolts were stripped and nothing else was damaged
              mines awd tho
              -Matt

Comment

Working...
              X