Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Right front and rear are lower then left (all BMW E models)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ingrid View Post
    None, just the car itself. Since I'm on right hand drive, it would've made sense if bmw adjusted the left to be lower rather than the right hand side. I think it's more of a bmw design and engineering thingi....

other site's and our local mech also says the same thing .....
    Originally posted by Dutchy View Post
    Bmw designed the car that way so that when the driver sits in the car it then becomes level. So if you adjust your coilovers for it to be level, it will become off level as soon as you sit in the car. Your choice really, wether the car is level without you in it, or level with you in it.

It will not effect any mechanical systems at all.
    I've read that a couple times, but in the OP's case, that doesn't make sense. IF BMW designed them that way for that reason, then why didn't they take into account RHD?
    E12/E39M/E53

Comment

These all makes sense but for some reason my friend who used to work with bmw says that it is their design with no further explanation.

The worst part is what about this with right hand drive like what I have! It's the made itself no matter right or left hand that don't apply .....

Weird thinking, problem is whether you adjust from coilover, both will not still balance once driver sits on it .....

Comment

Lonestar22--- is you e90 a left or right hand drive? are you with coilovers? had you receive any advice by your local mechanic who installed your ride? do you have plans balancing them again?

Ingird

Comment

I wouldn't worry that much about it...really. Either make the ride height level or adjust your coils so the right sits slightly higher than the left. Either way you'll be fine.
          E12/E39M/E53

Comment

Working...
          X