Stanced Trucks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Burke View Post
    LETS ALL LAUGH AT MY WINTER STEEZE. (unfortunately i have to drive her in the winter )

Can't wait to see this thing stanced! Muahahaha!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MitsuMax View Post
      Lol sounds like fun. My ride is not that bad actually, it's pretty smooth...on smooth roads lol but all in all the ride is sorta comfy
      Haha Lucky! My face hurts at the end of the day from grinning so much since the roads in my area are so bad! Its worth it tho My truck rides excellent but only on good roads lol
      Instagram: "Cole_Lenhart" Out of Thread Builds Shoots and Progress
      Just a Truck Build: "Here"

Comment

• Originally posted by way2fastx3 View Post
        2.) No Cause in 1997 they came out with the new control arm setup and spring positioning. Back on the older models like 1996 to early 80's they had SOOOO much space in the wheel wells for big wheels ect.
        3.) I dont think the wheels would break off but after time it will show wear and tear since the s-10 was made for more of the get around town with wood in the back deal of a truck. They do make control arm kits and hub kits on-line somewhere so you can camber out an s-10 with no issues BUT it for an s-10 with a bad setup under it.
        4.) Nope the Core support is the same. You have to watch tho. Not sure on the specific years but in 1997 is also when they changed the core support in the front ends on the s10/sonoma/bravada. You will have to read more on that cause it really all depends of the years of the frontend and core supports.
        5.) Yeah sorry to say but it has the goofy 1-1/2 din setup BUT you and do a quick swap to double if needed.
        2) wrong, all s10's use the same suspension setup, that includes the box style first gens
        blazers have different hubs and spindles as well as different leaf springs but the control arms are still the same.
        3) the only reason the wheel would break off if the balljoints are binding and under too much stress, an easy way to avoid this is to get power performance balljoints that have increased travel, they will also drop you another 1/2"
        4) if it's a 94-97 bravada you will have to use a 94-97 core support, if it's a 98+ then you will have to use a 98+ core support, all front ends are swappable though in between those years.
        5) 98+ bravadas have a double din setup as well as 2002.5+ blazers

watchout for rust in the rockers and bed sides

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildman Productions View Post
          2) wrong, all s10's use the same suspension setup, that includes the box style first gens
          blazers have different hubs and spindles as well as different leaf springs but the control arms are still the same.
          3) the only reason the wheel would break off if the balljoints are binding and under too much stress, an easy way to avoid this is to get power performance balljoints that have increased travel, they will also drop you another 1/2"
          4) if it's a 94-97 bravada you will have to use a 94-97 core support, if it's a 98+ then you will have to use a 98+ core support, all front ends are swappable though in between those years.

Just went off what i "Thought" i knew. Could of swarn the front end control arms were changed but im sure im wrong.

Comment

Truck looks so fuckin sick bro, thats as low as I want mine. I cant wait to get it
            | 92 Corolla AE92 | HKS SMF, Testpipe, Hyperco/Tokico/GC | Houston, TX | 86Garage |

Comment

• Originally posted by way2fastx3 View Post
              Just went off what i "Thought" i knew. Could of swarn the front end control arms were changed but im sure im wrong.
              I wasn't trying to scold you lol, just gettin the right info out there

newer pics of the trucks, raised the ass end a bit until i get it notched

Comment

You going with a bag setup on the truck like the blazer or you going to keep it static?

Comment

• So... scratch winter driving.

Blew the top half of my engine this morning... that was fun.

Comment

So... scratch winter driving.

Sounds like a engine swap opportunity!!

Comment

So... scratch winter driving.

Thats sorta why I sold my truck. Sucks
                      | 92 Corolla AE92 | HKS SMF, Testpipe, Hyperco/Tokico/GC | Houston, TX | 86Garage |

Comment

Ive got the Belltech 3" drop leafspring kit for the rear. How much lower can you go without having to notch it?

Comment

• @Kaidotech. You can get 4'' Blocks for the back. That is what i have in the back of mine but on stock leafs. 3'' Leafs are next spring for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by kaidotech View Post
                            Ive got the Belltech 3" drop leafspring kit for the rear. How much lower can you go without having to notch it?
                            you can go 5" before you have to notch it

Comment

• Looks like I need a 4" block..

Comment

• Originally posted by MitsuMax View Post
                                Sounds like a engine swap opportunity!!
                                Yea maybe, i dont know if ill do it anytime soon. Will see.

Originally posted by kaidotech View Post
                                Thats sorta why I sold my truck. Sucks
                                Ive rebuilt my 351 so many times cause of my fuck ups when i was 15-17. How every i will not be rebuilding the z22 thats in it. Not worth it. KA24ET swap or maybe a v8 or v6 swap.

Right now looks like i might be getting ethier an e30 or a diesel truck.

Comment

Working...
                                X