Stanced Trucks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by alohaTruck View Post
    Here is a rendering that I had done of my truck to keep me motivated and goal oriented. The color is Phantom Blue Mica which is found on various Mazda models. Nothing too wild, just a simple shaving of the emblems, color matching a few items, and reupholstering the interior in black neoprene. Form, function, and fun!
    RangerRender
    Love the rendering! I commented on a thread of yours on RPS but I like how that rendering shows a little nod to old school minitrucking, albeit with a twist in the wheel department. That's gonna look killer on the islands!
    Last edited by TwistedKreation; 11-04-2013, 08:24 PM. Reason: forgot a word

Comment

• Originally posted by TwistedKreation View Post
      Love the rendering! I commented on a thread of yours on RPS but I like how that rendering shows a little nod to old school minitrucking, albeit with a twist in the wheel department. That's gonna look killer on the islands!
      Oh what's up man! Thanks! It'll be a while before I have the money to get it done (probably a couple of years) but that's what the rendering was for, to keep me motivated. We just moved here about 3 weeks ago so all car funds are on hold until we get our business up and going.

Originally posted by CraigSnedeker View Post
      That's fantastic! How much did it cost?
      I believe it was around $500. Ryan Curtis was great to deal with, a great artist, and coincidently also a mini trucker! We did several revisions and paint schemes, some more complex than others. I received 2 giclee prints of the rendering and a digital file as well.

alohatruck by yogibryan, on Flickr

Comment

• $500 would get me my front air ride and rear notch finished. LOL
        My build thread
        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=46573

INSTAGRAM @ARTWORKBYLOCALLOU

Comment

• $500 would get my truck done lol.
          Find me on Instagram - alex_garagezeroeight

1931 Ford Model A project - http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2362912

Comment

• yall playin, i bought my truck for $500 LOL
            IG dubmr2

Comment

• ^lol epic
              My build thread
              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=46573

INSTAGRAM @ARTWORKBYLOCALLOU

Comment

• I'm planning on keeping this truck long term when it's paid off in a year as it only has 27K miles on it. I've gone through so many different vehicles that I'm ready to hunker down with one for the long haul. I figure I'm going to keep it and eventually spend around 2500 on a nice paint job so 500 on a rendering to keep me motivated seemed worth it.

alohatruck by yogibryan, on Flickr

Comment

• If you say so. I just buy parts to keep me motivated.

1931 Ford Model A project - http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2362912

Comment

• How do you guys feel about wheel adapters?? I have a 6x139.7 lug pattern and found an adapter to 5x114.3 so I can run some mesh wheels, anyone have experience with adapters?

Comment

• I actually just starting stalking to the seller/shop on here about those exact adapters. I have some 17x7 and 18x7.5 5x114.3 wheels i want to use on mine.

Always hear mix reviews about them, I think I am going to pull the trigger and get some and see how they do. I should be mocking up some pics this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by 07NJx355 View Post
                        How do you guys feel about wheel adapters?? I have a 6x139.7 lug pattern and found an adapter to 5x114.3 so I can run some mesh wheels, anyone have experience with adapters?
                        I've always thought about them but I'd have to run some super dumb wheels to even come close to fitting because of the narrow fenders/beds of Hardbodys.

Comment

• Originally posted by sleeps View Post
                          I actually just starting stalking to the seller/shop on here about those exact adapters. I have some 17x7 and 18x7.5 5x114.3 wheels i want to use on mine.

Always hear mix reviews about them, I think I am going to pull the trigger and get some and see how they do. I should be mocking up some pics this weekend.
                          Same here, most of what I read are that as long as you torque them correctly and re torque they will be good. If you do buy, i'll definitely keep my eye out on your setup

Originally posted by aeion View Post
                          I've always thought about them but I'd have to run some super dumb wheels to even come close to fitting because of the narrow fenders/beds of Hardbodys.

I hear ya, I've been going crazy doing some math and i'd have to run a high offset and pull my flares out to clear but i always liked the look a mesh wheel and think it would look good on the colorado platform.

Comment

• Originally posted by 07NJx355 View Post
                            How do you guys feel about wheel adapters?? I have a 6x139.7 lug pattern and found an adapter to 5x114.3 so I can run some mesh wheels, anyone have experience with adapters?
                            adapters are no different from bolt on spacers in terms of design. I ran 35mm bolt ons on my other car for over a year with no problems, I know of many other people who have had the same experience as myself.

Originally posted by aeion View Post
                            huh? dont guys fit like 15x10s -likeamillion on these things? or you dont want any poke?
                            IG dubmr2

Comment

• Originally posted by dubmr2 View Post
                              huh? dont guys fit like 15x10s -likeamillion on these things? or you dont want any poke?
                              Yeah but I think that 2"-3" of poke looks Mexican as hell. I want flush, not #lolicutmytiresonmyfenderlol

Comment

• datrearIRSswapjustsoyoucanhavecamberandfitwidewhee lsdoe lol
                                IG dubmr2

Comment

Working...
                                X