No announcement yet.

Stanced Trucks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silverstonepgt Upon further inspection of your truck you could easily achieve stance. If you look at your arches they do not come down lower then your wheel lip. So with the right wheel width offset and stretch you can achieve stance all day. Your actually all set up and Im a little jealous. lol
    My build thread
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=46573

INSTAGRAM @ARTWORKBYLOCALLOU

Comment

• Originally posted by slcs10 View Post
      225/55s in the pics you quoted and at the moment 225/50s. i have 1" spacers in the rear to help with the stance,had to do some cutting to make the wheels fit.without the flares the wheels poke hence the reason i have them.
      I also want to upgrade to the street performance, the nitro drops 2's are too soft.
      and you're ridiculously low,how do you drive like that?

Im used to driving so much lower I guess. I don't feel like my truck is low believe it or not. My mk3 vw. Was originally static and only millimeters off the ground. Ive been driving lowered cars for the last 15years. LOL Im so used to it. I still smile everytime I scrape............EVERYTIME. lol
      My build thread

Comment

• Originally posted by LOCALTHIRTEEN View Post
        Just damn!!! I love this so much.
        I have to ask....What is steering that thing like?

[/QUOTE]

so fucking rad!! looking at this i think im gonna go bedless

Comment

Im used to driving so much lower I guess. I don't feel like my truck is low believe it or not. My mk3 vw. Was originally static and only millimeters off the ground. Ive been driving lowered cars for the last 15years. LOL Im so used to it. I still smile everytime I scrape............EVERYTIME. lol
          any mods in the front for more suspension travel?

Comment

I just realized I didn't mention your truck. My bad bro. Looks good bagged. Im sure it can be done. Im still working on how I can get lower and not switch to a bag setup just yet. Im not into the whole body dropping this truck idea. Chopping it all up make sme uncomfortable. It does desperately need a rear notch. Im hoping to have that handled very soon. I also want to retain my stock bed floor through out this process. Im really excited in seeing where this build takes me.
            I was anti-bags with my mk3 for the first 4 years wih the car. I bagged it the last year I had it. I loved being bagged but for my daily driving and winter driving It made me un easy. I will bag the truck if I end up with another car to drive at some point.
            Keep it static! I had a 2nd gen S10 with a static drop and they actually handle pretty well - this bagged one is like driving an old Cadillac - not really my favorite thing, but we built the truck 6 years ago or so and it still works well. Definitely not a perfect winter vehicle, but honestly, valves/tank/compressor in the bed under a well-sealed tonneau cover, some winter tires, airline antifreeze in the tank, and you have a truck that won't get stuck, and you can raise it to max height if the snow gets too deep.

Originally posted by LOCALTHIRTEEN View Post
            silverstonepgt Upon further inspection of your truck you could easily achieve stance. If you look at your arches they do not come down lower then your wheel lip. So with the right wheel width offset and stretch you can achieve stance all day. Your actually all set up and Im a little jealous. lol
            The problem comes from raising the front with the rear all the way down like this:

I'll have to take a pic showing how close the fender is to the wheel in that case, there isn't much room to move, and it's already rolled. Which sucks because these wheels just don't look as far out as I'd like.

Definitely get some pics of the GTA wheels once you have them sorted, I am still jealous!

Comment

• Originally posted by slcs10 View Post
              any mods in the front for more suspension travel?
              You can dehump the lower control arms or buy Djm lower control arms. Then you can run a bigger spring and shock set up. Maybe my next move. Lots of people don't like the arms cause they sit super low. Im still researching them more thoroughly.
              My build thread

Comment

• Originally posted by silverstonepgt View Post
                Keep it static! I had a 2nd gen S10 with a static drop and they actually handle pretty well - this bagged one is like driving an old Cadillac - not really my favorite thing, but we built the truck 6 years ago or so and it still works well. Definitely not a perfect winter vehicle, but honestly, valves/tank/compressor in the bed under a well-sealed tonneau cover, some winter tires, airline antifreeze in the tank, and you have a truck that won't get stuck, and you can raise it to max height if the snow gets too deep.

The problem comes from raising the front with the rear all the way down like this:

I'll have to take a pic showing how close the fender is to the wheel in that case, there isn't much room to move, and it's already rolled. Which sucks because these wheels just don't look as far out as I'd like.

Definitely get some pics of the GTA wheels once you have them sorted, I am still jealous!
                I agree about being static. When I bagged the mk3 I felt the same way. The air ride was way to floaty and bouncy. I love the stiff ride of my coilovers. In fact was ale to drive around way lower static.

Ok to solve the lifting the front all the way up and keeping the back down problem.......Don't do that. lol even thought I could F/B/SS with my MK3 I wouldnt. I really used it just to ride low and air out or lift up to get in and out of places. As far as stancing the truck goes. I have been really tossing all possibilities out on how I would be able to get it to do what I want. Ive come to learn a stanced truck is not a stanced car. they have a different look and characteristics It will not look like my stanced mk 3 did. With that bull shit out of the way, I don't believe you will not be able to lay out the s10 while being stanced, unless You modify the fender arches and add flairs if you want it to lay completely out while sitting on the rim. Or go to a 15" wheel with a 45 or 40 series tire.

My final perception of the s10 stanced will be me being able to lay the fenders on the tire/ rim when aired out or getting it as close as possible static. Not being body dropped may work out to my advantage as I would lay frame at about the same height as my fenders need to come down to my lips. I mean I know being stanced and body dropped would be the ultimate goal for most but Im still learning the truck and still trying to envision the possabilites of what can be done and the advantages and disadvantages.
                My build thread

Comment

• We all know the struggle...

Drive Way Challenge 01 by Cole Lenhart, on Flickr

Drive Way Challenge 02 by Cole Lenhart, on Flickr

Drive Way Challenge 03 by Cole Lenhart, on Flickr
                  Instagram: "Cole_Lenhart" Out of Thread Builds Shoots and Progress
                  Just a Truck Build: "Here"

Comment

• My build thread

Comment

• All these nice s10's popping up I might have to pick up another truck to daily.
                      The hillbilly equivalent of a nasa substation worker.
                      Originally posted by Dubway5887
                      I felt bad for that dude. Of all places for a sink to be at a car show... Maybe sink holes like car shows like tornado's like trailer parks?

Comment

• Originally posted by projecthoarder View Post
                        All these nice s10's popping up I might have to pick up another truck to daily.
                        Ha ha ha "Takeover"
                        My build thread

Comment

• Na, I'll stick to my ranger I think, even if its eating me out of house and home, lol.
                          The hillbilly equivalent of a nasa substation worker.
                          Originally posted by Dubway5887
                          I felt bad for that dude. Of all places for a sink to be at a car show... Maybe sink holes like car shows like tornado's like trailer parks?

Comment

• So since we are 1month away from H20, who's all going? I know a few of us are gonna be there for sure and we are trying to set up a stanced truck GTG/Photo session. Any suggestions on location, time and what would work best for everyone.
                            My build thread

Comment

• im hopefully coming in my mr2, would be sweet to see some of these trucks in person
                              IG dubmr2

Comment

Working...
                              X