Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

16x7.5 HRE 505 4x108 (flat back, redrill!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16x7.5 HRE 505 4x108 (flat back, redrill!)

SOLD

Selling a set of five HRE 505 wheels.

Specs:
    With the face sandwich mounted, they are 16x7.5 et26 (measured), 1" lip, 6" barrel. Bolt pattern 4x108, center bore 65.1mm. Originally from a Saab, but also fits some Ford, Audi, and others.There's enough of a register on both sides of the face that they can also be front or reverse mounted. Originally, they were face mounted. When I bought them, they were reverse, but the register isn't deep enough for the edge of the lip to sit flush with the face. Didn't care for the look, so I split them. IMO, sandwich mounted gives the best appearance and specs.

Spare wheel:
    I assembled one "spare" wheel to give and idea of the final look. Just a quick clean and polish of everything... not refinished quality work. The polished parts came up pretty easily. The center cap for this wheel has a thicker plate than the others, and the pocket in the face is deeper to match. Some paint flaking off in the windows. The lip of this wheel has a small bend. I wasn't able to identify it with the tire on, but it could be seen when spun on a balancer- very minor. The lip has a few curb rash marks. Barrel is straight. Hardware for this wheel is different, maybe from a BBS RS. The bolts are just hand tight. Wheel isn't sealed.

Faces:
    Overall, good condition for their age. Some scratches and a little corrosion under the clear in some areas. They are flat backs, so good for a redrill. I really considered just going ahead and doing them in 4x100, but decided to keep the price lower and let the buyer do what they want.

Center Caps:
    Pretty heavy corrosion on the plates, but nothing that can't be sanded and polished. The spare wheel has a chrome plated plastic hex that's in good shape. The other 4 wheels have billet hex nuts that can be re-polished, but the emblems have seen better days; HRE still sells these new. A few of the long screws that hold the center caps on are missing. They're all rusty though, so might as well get new ones. Standard hardware store item. Removal tool is included.

Lips:
    All straight, no curb rash. Minor scuffing, dings, and general wear. Honestly, very good for their age. There are visible markings from when the wheels were face mounted. Took some close pictures of the spare wheel of what this looks like.

Barrels:
    All straight, no cracks. Dirty, but not much else to say.

Hardware:
    Little rusty but all there. See picture. The bolt heads look pretty good other than rust staining. My preference would be to buy new stainless hardware. The cost to re-plate would be about the same, if you prefer. You might be able to tumble them clean, but no guarantees.

Valve Stems:
    Good condition. One is missing one nut, and a couple of the rubber seals are missing. The seals appears to just be an O-ring, so easy to replace.

SOLD
    Looking for $1200 shipped for everything.
    SOLD

I'm selling these as project wheels. No refunds or returns for cosmetic condition. If you would like additional pictures or information, please ask.

View full album here (there are 2 pages):

Last edited by KyleAnderson; 08-19-2015, 12:19 AM.

Will 20 hole bbs lips fit on these.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavyweight View Post
      Will 20 hole bbs lips fit on these.
      Not 100% sure, but I don't think so. Last I knew, you could still get new lips direct from HRE though.

Comment

Wow! Bump for a great deal here.
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/imag...es/cruisin.gif

Comment

Thanks Mike.

Figured out last night that the hex nuts for the 4 wheel that are split are billet pieces, not chrome plastic like the spare wheel.

Comment

Found a source for replacement lips! 2" and 3" are $165 each. Other sizes also available.
            Last edited by KyleAnderson; 07-31-2015, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X