4" Rear step lip

245/35-18 Hankook V12
    285/30-18 Hankook V12

Before you piss and moan about the price consider this:
    $800 Wheels (original style 5's)
    $2600 Lips & Barrels
    $950 Tires
    $400 Machine shop work for centers to be able to use as 3 piece
    $700 Complete Refinishing (Stripping, Painting, Polishing)
    $50 Valve stems (Legs Stainless, not some cheap tire store chrome shit)
    $50 Mount and Balance
    $5550 Total Cost to build these

Asking $2900 OBO

Last edited by Hybrid For Life; 02-18-2014, 01:38 PM.

Are you located in LA? I could have sworn I saw you on the 101 fwy on my way back from work

Comment

Just gotta say that is some really nice work

Comment

Originally posted by DaytonaE36 View Post
        Are you located in LA? I could have sworn I saw you on the 101 fwy on my way back from work
        I drive on the 101 daily, but not in LA. I'm in Santa Barbara

Originally posted by touringteg View Post
        Just gotta say that is some really nice work
        Thanks man! FLOSS does some awesome work!

Comment

did you say 18x12 style 5s?!?! FUuuuuuuuu that is awesome
          Originally posted by HooWybrow
          Bro, do you even e30?

Comment

These are so rad! UNFFFFF.

Comment

Damn those are nice.
              1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
              1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

thats nice. but no one in their right mind will pay 4k for just rebarrelled style 5's price can be dropped more imo. you can pretty much build a set of 18inch RS's in that price range.
                CUSCO USA // BRIDE JAPAN

Comment

Originally posted by ToPLeSS(e30)FienD View Post
                  did you say 18x12 style 5s?!?! FUuuuuuuuu that is awesome

Originally posted by Chunter View Post
                  These are so rad! UNFFFFF.
                  Thanks man!
                  Originally posted by Randomofodication View Post
                  Damn those are nice.
                  Originally posted by yoshioka90 View Post
                  thats nice. but no one in their right mind will pay 4k for just rebarrelled style 5's price can be dropped more imo. you can pretty much build a set of 18inch RS's in that price range.
                  The price is a starting point, plus how many 3 piece 18" stlye 5's have you seen compared to 18' RS's.

Comment

bump

Comment

You paid these prices?

$2600 Lips & Barrels

EHRLICH WHEELWORKS
                      ewheelworks.com
                      facebook - Ehrlich WheelsWorks
                      IG - ewheelworks
                      Custom Powder coating, custom wheels, and custom metal finishing.

Comment

WoW

Comment

Originally posted by 336motorsports View Post
                          You paid these prices?

$2600 Lips & Barrels

seriously. i call bs on these prices.
                          CUSCO USA // BRIDE JAPAN

Comment

Originally posted by 336motorsports View Post
                            You paid these prices?

$2600 Lips & Barrels

I understand how you guys think these prices are steep but consider this, most lips and barrels that are pre-made (stocked items) are already drilled in whatever bolt pattern they fit (32,34,etc.. for RS's or whatever) No one makes production lips and barrels for style 5 centers, they have to be completely custom made which requires them to be measured and drilled to fit the machined centers.

The centers required a large amount of time on a lathe and mill to machine a flat and constant thickness surface for the lip, face, and barrel to all match up and seal to.

This all comes at a high cost, If you still don't believe me give Rotiform or Memoryfab a call and see what they say. Most custom wheels place will tell you it can't be done. And if you do find one willing to do it, its not cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Hybrid For Life View Post
                              I understand how you guys think these prices are steep but consider this, most lips and barrels that are pre-made (stocked items) are already drilled in whatever bolt pattern they fit (32,34,etc.. for RS's or whatever) No one makes production lips and barrels for style 5 centers, they have to be completely custom made which requires them to be measured and drilled to fit the machined centers.

The centers required a large amount of time on a lathe and mill to machine a flat and constant thickness surface for the lip, face, and barrel to all match up and seal to.

This all comes at a high cost, If you still don't believe me give Rotiform or Memoryfab a call and see what they say. Most custom wheels place will tell you it can't be done. And if you do find one willing to do it, its not cheap.
                              We dont "think" they are steep man, we know they are. Were both in tune with this sort of stuff.

I certainly dont mean to start an argument, and almost refrained from posting this, because its a low class sort of thing to do. But this is incorrect, and I feel like someone is getting taken advantage of.

These parts are in fact pre made, well, the tooling is, thats why there is the excess spacing around the bolt holes, because these are parts that are made for another set of wheels, and than bored out to fit the style 5 face, and there is nothing tricky about opening up the center bore on a set of lips. Same with the bolt holes. Its all cnc work, punch it in and walk away.

About the faces, thats very far from the truth. It goes very quickly on a milling machine, no lathe is needed, what so ever, all that needs to be removed is 1.5 mm to make room for both halves.

Im speaking from personal experience, my 3 piece style 5's will be done next week, Im hoping. My cost for the faces to be machined is $100, and Ill refrain from speaking about the cost for the (8) halves because it is WAY less than this.

These particular wheels are used, you ran them and floss ran them, correct? I ask because I see some stains on the lips. There very nice and your price is not horrible. I just think it needs a bit of adjusting.
                              Last edited by 336motorsports; 06-08-2013, 09:34 PM.
                              EHRLICH WHEELWORKS
                              ewheelworks.com
                              facebook - Ehrlich WheelsWorks
                              IG - ewheelworks
                              Custom Powder coating, custom wheels, and custom metal finishing.

Comment

Working...
                              X