'94 Golf, stock carpet, TN, 11k obo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yup.

I wanted one before I bought this car, and then subsequently dropped another 15K or so in it.

Oh, and I don't know if I mentioned it, but the car has service records and documentation in a couple of really thick file folders going back to Jan. of '01.
    I like to modify things.
    flickr
    Inyo Photo
    -Chad

Comment

8.5 parks it in your driveway.
      I like to modify things.
      flickr
      Inyo Photo
      -Chad

Comment

dude stop lowering your price!!! keep the car!

Comment

Well, I have too many cars, and I need to sell this one.

The '74 Jaguar E-type V12 isn't going anywhere, and will never be sold!
          The '07 Mercury Milan can't be sold, and is functioning as the daily, per agreement with the grandparents.
          Then I have the Saturn, the Buick, and the SUV for the wife.
          I can't sell the SUV, as the wife likes it, unless I replace it with a Passat for her.
          The Saturn and the Buick, idk, I might keep 'em, I might end up selling them.

Bottom line though, I just need to sell the Golf. I never thought I'd sell it. I didn't build it to be a car to sell. I built it to keep. If I ever thought I was going to sell it, I for sure wouldn't have spent the money on the trans I did. If it was just a regular 5sp car, I could sell it for quite a bit less, and much easier, I'm sure.

I wish I could keep it, and I'm not lowering the price anymore. That price is bottom barrel, and isn't even what the parts on the car alone are worth. If anyone wants to come at me with something lower (like the assclowns on vortex), then they can get bent.
          I like to modify things.
          flickr
          Inyo Photo
          -Chad

Comment

Deal is pending. woot woot.
            I like to modify things.
            flickr
            Inyo Photo
            -Chad

Comment

yeah, so the dealio fell through.

buy it now, or forever hold your peace when I decide to get even more stupid with it (as if a worked VR w/ a custom 6sp and a whole bunch of other ish isn't good enough).
              I like to modify things.
              flickr
              Inyo Photo
              -Chad

Comment

Sick Car!!!

I just wanted to offer some advice. Please dont take this the wrong way just trying to help a fellow dubber out. As I am in the process of selling a very cleanly modded car myself

yes you have a lot of money in the car but you will never get that much for it. Here is why, the potential buyer would never be able to get a loan for the car. KBB has the value of the car at trade in as 1600(value banks will lend) in excellent condition not to mention the fact that the car is over 15 years old. With that said soemone would have to have 10k in cash or go through the painful process and extremely high intrest rates of obtaining a personal loan or putting it on a credit card. If you have the time which it sounds like you do financially the best option would be to part the car out and sell what is left over as a completely stock car + a few tasteful mods. The amount of money you have in parts you could easily get 6-9k out of it in parts alone. In addition you will have a much easier time selling a clean mk3 vr swap for 4-5k then you will for 10k.

I hope this is helpful, again I love your car, if you still have it ill be in tenn. in febuary and would love to see it in perrson.
                Last edited by Guest; 12-13-2009, 07:56 PM.

Comment

I've actually thought about parting it out. If I part it out, then the car is easily worth 4K more than my asking price, but I just don't have the space needed to do that. So, as of right now, it is still for sale at the asking price, but I think that I just might end up keeping it. There have obviously been a lot of blood, sweat, tears, and money involved in building the car, and I love it. So, if I keep it, then well... it doesn't suck, because the car is a complete blast.
                  I like to modify things.
                  flickr
                  Inyo Photo
                  -Chad

Comment

<-- keeping it.

<-- have plans

<-- needs monies for new wheels. I only have two different sets right now, lol.
                    I like to modify things.
                    flickr
                    Inyo Photo
                    -Chad

Comment

Sweeeet! Good news!
                      Until I get a better pic...

Comment

finally he made the right choice...lol

Comment

Working...
                        X