'72 CB750 K2 Cafe Racer - $5,500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '72 CB750 K2 Cafe Racer - $5,500

Selling my bike. It runs great but it's no fun to ride here at the beach with nothing but straight, flat roads filled with idiot tourists, so it just sits in the garage. It has less than 5k total miles. Asking $5,500. Located in Pawley's Island, SC. It would ship pretty much anywhere for $500 FWIW, that's how I got it to me. I can't help with delivery because I don't have a trailer so you'll have to come to me or have it shipped.

It's been dropped once, the very first time I got it started I took it out to see how it ran (on 40 year old tires). Came up to a stop sign, tried to turn left, tires wouldn't lean at all and I had to either lay it down or ride into a ditch. Other than that it's never been in an accident.

1972 CB750 K2
    Original tins
    Original 4-in-4 exhaust
    Original seat

Upgrades:
    Complete front end overhaul from '76 GL1000
    - Bigger forks
    - Dual disc brakes
    Stainless steel brake lines
    New upper triple tree
    New GPS speedometer
    New tarrozi rearsets
    New tachometer
    New controls
    New clip on handlebars
    New throttle body
    New throttle cable
    New clutch cable
    New clutch lever
    New Nissin brake lever
    New headlight
    New turn signals (front and rear)
    New LED brake light
    New tires installed 2k miles ago

It rides great and is a looker.

It doesn't need anything, but what I would recommend doing to it is:
    - A lower triple tree with adjustable bump stops to keep the clip-ons from hitting the tank (or a new upper triple and clubman bar setup)
    - Front fender if that's your thing. It looks awesome without it but don't try riding it in the rain like that
    - The original tins are in "ok" shape, I'd call them a 7/10. The problem is they can't be refinished easily because the original color codes have been lost (it's a candy color, silver base with gold tin over it). The only way to get this color back is to buy a new set from yamiya, which is $$$. About $1k.

Pics:

Last edited by Withers; 05-22-2016, 08:11 AM.
    Jason
    flickr
    build thread

nice bike man

Comment

Working...
    X