FS: CL55 AMG AccuAir-Equipped One of a Kind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: CL55 AMG AccuAir-Equipped One of a Kind

This CL55 purchased from my father as a CPO one owner vehicle from Fletcher Jones with 20k miles in 2005. I purchased the vehicle from him in 2012 with 98k miles, and the car currently has just under 120k well cared for miles. The Tektite exterior/Anthracite interior has with the following options:

- Keyless Go
    - Electronic Trunk Closer
    - Parktronic
    - Ventilated Seats
    - Linguatronic
    - Bluetooth

What makes this car unlike any other you will find is that Active Body Control has been removed from the vehicle and replaced with a semi-active air suspension setup. In pursuit of the lowest and most unique CL in existence, the following work has been performed on the suspension:

- Removed factory ABC struts, valve blocks, most lines, and ABC tandem pump. Pump was replaced with an OES W220 power steering pump and reservoir. Factory hydraulic lines were used to retrofit to an "Airmatic" W220 power steering system.

- Custom front air struts based off Air Lift Performance units. 30 way adjustable dampening, and stainless steel bodies were custom fabricated to mount to factory W220 lower control arms, with a W220 front lower sway bar retrofitted to the vehicle.

- Standard rear strut suspension was converted to separate air spring and shock. This involved removing the rear subframe and welding and gusseting upper bag mounts to the subframe. One-off rear lower control arms provide separate lower mounts, while the shock mounts were thoroughly reinforced for structural integrity.

- Air management consists of AccuAir E-Level, which uses individual height sensors at all four corners to ensure level height, regardless of weight differences front to rear, or side to side. There are three custom programmable height settings, and individual corner control as well as front and rear adjustability is available on the fly. In addition to E-Level, AccuAir iLevel provides a WiFi-enabled app through iOS which allows system adjustment through your phone, with the vehicle on or off, and works at distances up to 25 feet away from the car.

In addition to the suspension work, the car has the following modifications:

Exterior:

- OES European impact strips
    - OES Distronic grille
    - 20" Kleemann TS-7 wheels with Michelin Pilot Supersport tires
    - Burnt copper calipers professionally painted

Performance:

- UPD 83mm clutched upper pulley
    - UPD belt wrap kit
    - ASP idler pulleys
    - Eurocharged tune
    - phenolic spacers

Interior:

- Brabus door lock pins
    - M0bridge iPod integration

There has been no expense spared in creating this vehicle, and the new owner will surely be getting a one-of-a-kind CL55. The work and attention taken to create this car will likely never be replicated again, and there are well over 150 man hours in turning the suspension from concept to reality. I am asking $26k.

Please PM me for information. Thank you.

Beautiful car. GLWS!

Comment

I've seen this at our AMG SoCal Lounge get togethers and it is incredible! For the price it's a steal! Good luck with sale!

Comment

Originally posted by bimmertrek View Post
        I've seen this at our AMG SoCal Lounge get togethers and it is incredible! For the price it's a steal! Good luck with sale!
        Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by btns44 View Post
          Beautiful car. GLWS!
          Thank you very much!

Comment

sweet ride ! Trade for my w108 lol

Comment

Originally posted by benzzlow View Post
              sweet ride ! Trade for my w108 lol
              Thanks, but just looking to sell outright

Comment

Beautiful trunk set up

Comment

Originally posted by electricalbox View Post
                  Beautiful trunk set up
                  Appreciate it!

Comment

Whoa! I love Tecitte Gray and this is super sweet. The truck set up .. . . too sick.

Comment

I don't usually comment on classifieds, but when I do its because there's a really well done car that I highly desire - and at a reasonable price. Stunner!
                      Los Boulevardos CC

Comment

Originally posted by thedecider33 View Post
                        Whoa! I love Tecitte Gray and this is super sweet. The truck set up .. . . too sick.
                        Thank you! Tectite is a very special color...

Comment

Originally posted by Al Grain View Post
                          I don't usually comment on classifieds, but when I do its because there's a really well done car that I highly desire - and at a reasonable price. Stunner!
                          I appreciate the kind words! Thank you!

Comment

Comment

gooorgus

Comment

Working...
                              X