1998 BMW M3/4/5 Black on Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 BMW M3/4/5 Black on Black

I am selling my 1998 M3 sedan with 5-speed. I bought it in 2010 with 68k miles on it. It currently has 118,xxx and will continue to rise as it’s my daily driver(between 30-50 miles a day).

The car has a black exterior and is in pretty good condition. I planned on getting a good detail to remove swirls and such and I believe the paint will pop. The front bumper was replaced due to tapping a car in the front and the work was performed by D&V Auto Body. 2 winters ago during a snow storm I backed into a pole that i couldn’t see in the snow. The passenger rear quarter panel was fixed by Vienna Auto Body and looks good. Two minor door dings that I have been told would be easily removed with PDR. The driver side rear fender lip shows a little rust from when I was lowered and the wheel kissed the fender.

I changed the interior to black about 2 years ago and installed vaders for the front seats. Recently, I just changed the seat bases from manual to power which I preferred. The vaders have heating elements in them, but I do not know if they work as the car did not come wired for heated seats from the factory. Has a new headliner along with suede A/B/C pillars plus the sunroof shuttle. Full disclosure, the sunroof works flawlessly, but the tilt feature does not and I believe the shuttle just needs to be repositioned as the motor turn’s fine, but it never bothered me as I barely used the sunroof anyways. Front left window regulator has been changed with a new OEM regulator.

The audio has been upgraded with new tweeters and mids (combination of focal and alpine speakers) with a 10inch subwoofer in the rear. Also comes with a 4-channel amplifier with the front two channels controling the speakers and the other two for the subwoofer. New head unit which is a Kenwood KDU-BT362U which is awesome with the Bluetooth capabilities.

As far as the engine, I recently had the head gasket changed at my local shop (Autoscandia) due to coolant leaking of the back near cylinder 6. Cooling system was overhauled less than two years ago due to the radiator neck cracking and I decided to do everything in one shot. I deleted the ASC on the car 3 years ago. Front bumper comes with a Motion Motorsport underpanel.

Exhaust wise, I used to have a UUC system U with a track pipe on it. The studs on the manifold were frozen and now it has bolts and nuts which perform just as well. I have put the original catalytic converters along with the original exhaust. Exhaust hangers are relatively new.

The suspension originally had Ground Control coilovers, then I went to Fortune Auto coilovers and now I am back on the original suspension. The rear shocks (SACHS) are less than a year old and the fronts are originals that still ride well. The front control arms have been changed out along with the FCAB. The RTABS with changed to Powerflex a year ago. Steering rack was changed 4 years ago.

Drivetrain has the original transmission which still engages well. Has the Bear motorsports shifter along with the DSSR which I will say was the best mod on the car that has been done.

Wheels are LTW (2) 17x7.5 on 225/45/17 and (2) 17x8.5 on 255/40/17 which currently have brand new Continental DWS tires.

That is most of everything I can think off for the car. I have a ton of parts that I have bought for the spring time that I planned to install:

4 new rotors with pads
    New e-brake pads and springs
    New motor mounts
    New transmission mounts
    New pulleys and idler for the belt drive
    New differential fluid
    4 new rear ball joints
    AKG reinforcement pieces

The safest and most inclusive global community of photography enthusiasts. The best place for inspiration, connection, and sharing!

Looking for $9,500, but I am negotiable on the price.
    Last edited by bmuum3; 03-03-2016, 12:22 PM.

Bump

Comment

link to pics isn't working, for me at least

Comment

yeah, the link isn't working.

Comment

1998 BMW M3/4/5 with 118,xxx miles for sale

Every time I try to copy he URL it never seems to work. Hopefully it does now.

Comment

Bump

Comment

To the top

Comment

Up up up

Comment

To the top

Comment

Bumpski

Comment

Price reduced