Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1973 VW Fastback, lowered. New Hampshire.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1973 VW Fastback, lowered. New Hampshire.

1973 VW Fastback, the car with two trunks. This car is rear engined like a Beetle but the engine sits below the floor in the back, meaning it has a front trunk and a back trunk. (The trunk floor covering the engine which is sometimes missing from these is still there, and included.)

I bought this car well over a year ago with intentions of running Volkswagen Heritage wheels on it after converting it to 5x112.

This is the car with the Heritages test fit. It's about 75% of the way through the conversion, it just needs some light machine work and the rear disc brakes put on. If you're interested in the car I'd be more than happy to lay out in detail what is left to be done.

The wheels are in very nice shape and have Yokohama S Drives on them. Tires were purchased with the intention of the wheels going on this car, and the fitment is very nice.

This is a picture of the car on stock wheels to kind of give you a sense of how low it is:

No one ever knows what it is, which is a lot of fun. I've had people stop their cars when I was working on it and ask me what the hell it is.

The car does have rust, and a lot of it. It's still a very good project car for someone. We had the engine running for a few minutes. These cars have factory EFI that is pretty much garbage. Started the (pretty easy) conversion to carbs, and all the stuff to finish is included. Engine is not in car but obviously included.

Some pictures of the rust:

There's two ways to break down the price. The first is $750, which is for the car alone, on stock wheels with none of the conversion parts.

$1500 will get you:

-Fastback.
    -Heritages.
    -Machined brake parts.
    -Rear disc brake kit.
    -Spun aluminum gas tank. (Front has to be tubbed to fit the Heritages in the wheel wells, so the original tank won't fit)
    -Brand new TMI seat covers. (These aren't Walmart seat covers. You pull your old upholstery off and this replaces it. These are leather and are a lot nicer than the original).

For the $1500 you get the parts and the car is free, basically.

I really do love this car, it even has a name. I've just found something I would much rather have the money for. I'm hoping someone buys it and finishes the conversion.

I'm not on StanceWorks much anymore, but you can text me at 1-802-twotwotwo-7676 if you're interested, have any questions, or would like to see pictures of something specific.
    Last edited by Stance is a Dance.; 01-20-2015, 09:38 AM.

A true classic.

Comment

It really is just like a sleeker Beetle. Very good project for someone with the time.

Comment

Working...
      X