Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS/FT: '89 MK2 Jetta Coupe OBD2 VR6 Swapped

delete
    Last edited by mattmk2; 08-22-2017, 04:02 PM.

glws man!
    05' ZCP M3 | ig: @justin821

Comment

Originally posted by Staggered View Post
      glws man!
      Thanks man. If it doesn't sell before I finish my daily I'm rebuilding I'll probably keep it. And if that happens, we should set up a shoot this winter. that shot from Fresh Meet OC was one of my favorites!

Comment

bump

Comment

Wow a jetta coupe with a build to match the price! Nice!
          Instagram @l0w1if3

Comment

Originally posted by AnchorsAweigh View Post
            Wow a jetta coupe with a build to match the price! Nice!
            thanks! Hopefully more people will see it like that so that I can move forward with my other coupe project I have.

Comment

Where did you get those tail lights? They look awesome

Comment

Perfection!

Comment

Originally posted by Gauteandreas View Post
                  Where did you get those tail lights? They look awesome
                  Not exactly sure. They were actually on the car when I bought it. haha Thanks

Originally posted by Chasen88 View Post
                  Perfection!
                  Thanks!

Now if only someone would throw some offers.

Comment

bump

Comment

bump. passenger fender buckled, so a new one is at the painter now and should be back by the end of the week. Also getting a TT 2.5 exhaust with a Borla installed this weekend.

Comment

Fender is painted and installed. My fender flare repair didn't hold well enough and broke again while tuning into a gas station tonight. Getting an untracked one from a friend.

LAST BUMP BEFORE I BUY PARTS FOR THE SHOW SEASON.

I have up to 2k to put on top in a trade. Looking for a B5 S4 or bagged B5 A4 ideally. Will consider most cars AWD or RWD.

Comment

This is really off topic and I apologize, but I have an E28, and was wondering how much trouble was it to insure your jetta with that rollbar? Did you tell the company? I'm with statefarm and they're convinced I'm gonna race a 528e so they don't even want to touch my car...
                          Originally posted by projectmaxspeed
                          well i want to be different i could go for some vette saw blades

That destructo-ray is a played out gag, in the cape
                          and the pants suit lookin' like a straight out...Dag.

Comment

Originally posted by Expire View Post
                            This is really off topic and I apologize, but I have an E28, and was wondering how much trouble was it to insure your jetta with that rollbar? Did you tell the company? I'm with statefarm and they're convinced I'm gonna race a 528e so they don't even want to touch my car...
                            I just have comprehensive on the car and the insurance company doesn't come and check out my cars. But if they did, it is just a 'show cage' at this point, since it was modified to fit in the car. Cut the rear bars and put a sleeve and bolts in it to be able to take it apart to get it in a coupe. If anything I would say to tell them you put it in for your safety on public roads since these older cars wouldn't fair nearly as well in an accident as modern cars.

Comment

Originally posted by mattmk2 View Post
                              I just have comprehensive on the car and the insurance company doesn't come and check out my cars. But if they did, it is just a 'show cage' at this point, since it was modified to fit in the car. Cut the rear bars and put a sleeve and bolts in it to be able to take it apart to get it in a coupe. If anything I would say to tell them you put it in for your safety on public roads since these older cars wouldn't fair nearly as well in an accident as modern cars.
                              Yeah, I mentioned it was for show purposes, but they really don't want to budge, if it's not prying who are you insured through?

MD doesn't have yearly inspection does it? I'm sure I could pass inspection with fine as long as it doesn't block my rear view. I was thinking of fabricating one out of an old jeep and making it a bolt in so I could remove it whenever, but the thought of crashing and insurance dropping me on that claim is too much for me right now. lol
                              Originally posted by projectmaxspeed
                              well i want to be different i could go for some vette saw blades

That destructo-ray is a played out gag, in the cape
                              and the pants suit lookin' like a straight out...Dag.

Comment

Working...
                              X