Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale: 3x WEKFEST winner - Stance Works feature car - 1995 GTI VRT

Hello everyone.

Many of you will remember this car from it's Stance Works feature back in 2012

Many more of you will remember it as the 1st place winner in the VW category of the 2011, 2013, and yesterday's 2014 WEKFEST Texas shows.

The rest of you will likely have never heard of it or seen it before, so I won’t bore you with a long and detailed story of its past or its sentimental value to me. Instead I’ll just jump right in and let it speak for itself.

I have owned this car since the summer of 1999. It started life with me as a completely stock, flash red, 1995 VW GTI VR6. Starting in 2009 I began to transform it into the car for sale today.

First, some stats:

Stock bottom end, fully rebuilt at 128,350 miles with all oem parts and ARP rod and main bolts
    DRC 268 cams
    ARP head bolts
    Vibra-Technics motor and transmission mounts
    8.5:1 C2 Motorsports stainless steel head spacer
    Clutch Masters FX400 6 puck clutch disc with Clutch Masters billet flywheel, replaced about 2k miles ago
    5 speed o2a transmission with o2j gearstack, Peloquin limited slip differential, ARP bolts
    Siemens 630 CC injectors
    Walbro 255lph in-line
    Holset HX35 12cm turbine housing (roughly equivalent in size and airflow to a Garret gt35), currently running 21psi, fully rebuilt about 2k miles ago
    ebay cast turbo manifold
    CX racing front mount intercooler
    custom fabricated, fully welded (no couplers), paint matched 2” intercooler piping
    Paint matched 4” intake
    Front mounted oil cooler
    Custom paint matched catch can
    3” down pipe and 3” exhaust with no cat and magnaflow rep 3” muffler
    LugTronic standalone v3 PnP Ecu which is based on the VEMS system but hand tailored to this car, with electronic boost controller and boost by gear control from the ECU

I have not yet had a chance to dyno the car on the rebuilt engine and turbo (I plan to before sale, if possible), but I estimate it is making over 400 whp. The last dyno, on a blown motor and an almost blown turbo, was 378whp/360wtq at 21psi

In 2011 the car was completely disassembled and painted a 1956 Porsche 356 color called Mode Grau, or “fashion gray”. This is the same color of gray that Champion Motorsports painted several of their cars and named Man from Chile and then lied about saying it was a proprietary color they custom mixed.

At the same time, the interior was completely removed and redone. The door cards and headliner were wrapped in black suede. The interior trim pieces that were once gray were dyed black to match the rest of the interior. I also sourced a set of OEM recaro seats from a special edition of GTI called the 337 edition that was only available in 2002 and fabricated custom brackets that allowed the seats to be installed in the factory mk3 seat rails.

The suspension remains focused more towards motorsports with a set of B&G RS Line coilovers. If you are not specifically familiar with B&G, they were one of the first companies to use a fully threaded strut body, much like Broadway Static, BC Racing, KSport and others, that allows you to adjust ride height by shortening the overall strut length, rather than moving the spring perch. This allows spring preload to remain constant and ideal while also allowing you to go as low as you want, all without sacrificing ride quality.

Perhaps the single most unique and striking feature of the car is its wheels. They are a set of ORIGINAL HRE 505s, not the recently released “Vintage Series”. They were painstakingly rebuilt and refurbished by my, and some of my close friends’ hands. The fronts are 16x9 with 1.5” lips and 195/40/16 Yokohama S.Drive tires with lots of tread left. The rears are 16x10 with 2” lips and 205/45/16 Yokohama S.Drives also with lots of tread left. I also have a set of OEM 16” steel wheels that I will include with the sale for no extra cost.

I’m fairly certain those are the important features to mention, although having worked on this transformation since 2009, I’m sure I have forgotten many things.

Some things to mention about its condition and overall driveability/reliability. First off, this is a completely rebuilt, but also very custom, show car. It is in extremely good aesthetic and mechanical condition. But even so, if you are thinking this car will be good to go to jump in and turn into a daily driver, it’s probably not the right car for you. The engine is very sound, it doesn’t smoke, or burn oil. The catch can remains nearly empty (I have never emptied it). Everything is in very good condition overall, but the chassis is still almost 20 years old.

Some known current issues include:

1) The sunroof motor needs to be replaced.

2) The alternator is from a mk4 gti and as such, the pulley squeaks when the engine is cold due to a slightly misaligned belt.

3) The exhaust rubs slightly on the underside of the chassis, which is not really a problem, it’s just slightly noisy when you go over bumps.

4) Currently there is no A/C, however I have all of the parts, so you could install it if you wanted to. It will require either using custom radiator fans (which I have and will include with the A/C parts) or else switching from a front mount intercooler to a top mount air to water intercooler in order to make room in front of the radiator for the A/C heat exchanger.

5) There is one small quarter sized dent in the front grill that happened 3 days ago. A dump truck spewed a concrete ball at me and I couldn’t get out of the way in time. I dabbed some paint on it and you can barely tell (it was like this yesterday at WEKFEST and no one commented on it). I also took care of the few small rock chips on the front end I could find. If this dent is a deal breaker, I can get the grill repainted before the sale.

5) There is also one small nickel sized, non-creased dent in the front left fender. This can be taken care of with PDR so it won’t require paint. Again, if it’s a deal breaker, I can take care of it before sale.

Mechanically, the car is near perfect as almost everything on the car has been replaced by this point with either OEM or better parts.

I'm asking $14,900 and as I've just posted it, I'm not really willing to negotiate on that price currently.

That’s about all I can think of to write about the car, so I’ll just let the pictures do the rest. If you’re interested in the car, text me or call me, email, or post in this thread. Thanks for looking!

-Jamie

I’ll start out with the current pics and then do some build pics and past setups:

My previous setup:

Then I decided to go turbo:

Then it was time for paint:

and now you pretty much know everything. Don’t you want to buy it?
    Last edited by P78; 10-22-2014, 07:38 AM. Reason: added price

I must have missed the price..

Comment

Originally posted by Zack01GC View Post
      I must have missed the price..

nope, you sure didn't. I had it in the post title but didn't realize it had gotten cut off. Thanks for catching that! I updated the first post to include the price, which is $14,900

Comment

omg so rare and pure. GLWS
        @clay_mation

Comment

I want it in me.
          IG:uvebeenrobd
          --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by uvebeenrobd View Post
            I want it in me.
            that can be arranged

Comment