FS: 95 BMW 540it/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: 95 BMW 540it/6

Up for sale is my E34 95 540it 6spd. I have done a lot of work to it over the past 3 months. Due to some recent changes in my life I need to post it up for sale to purchase a newer car. The only trades I'm interested in are for a 09-11 E90 335i or 335d M sport package. Obviously I would be willing to add $ on my end. I will also note that I am a BMW master technician. I am very familiar with these cars and their common issues.

Originally it was a schwarz on black interior 95 525it. The conversion on this touring is very clean. Motor, trans, front and rear subframes, diff, brakes, suspension, etc are all from a 540. The A/C and heat work perfectly. Cruise control and ABS also work perfectly.

The touring was resprayed diamondschwarz. The bodywork isn't perfect and some flaws can be seen. The respray appears to have been done a while ago. It cleans up very nicely and presents itself well. But it's by no means a 10/10 paint job. I would rate it a 7/10. I have installed a new Rieger front lip on the oem bumper and new euro bumper trim. M5 mirrors installed. It also has brand new OEM projector fog lamps. The double sunroof works great and has no issues. I use it on a weekly basis.

Interior is in great shape. The cargo cover is there and works. The cargo cover does have a small crack in the handle. However that does not affect it from opening and closing. I also have the dog net. The main issue with the interior is the front seats. They are power/heated sport seats which are not original to the car. The are cracking and the drivers seat has a tear in the bolster. They would be worth recovering as the foam is in great shape and all electrical functions work. No seat twists or anything of that nature. I have installed a Mtech II steering wheel that is in 9.5/10 condition and also installed a brand new weighted ZHP shift knob. The rear defrost and 3rd brake light work great.

Mechanically the car is stout. No vibrations, smoking, rough running, etc. No engine oil leaks. The trans has a small leak at the input shaft seal. The rear diff is starting to leak from the output shaft seals. It also has a power steering leak from both lines that go to the reservoir.

Here is a list of mods/recent maintenance.
    404 DME with DUDMD chip
    Early velocity stack intake manifold
    New oem air filter
    Cat delete with X pipe
    545i SSK
    Weighted ZHP shift knob
    Mtech II steering wheel
    New OEM clutch/flywheel
    Turner motorsport driveshaft
    New radiator, hoses, fan clutch
    All fluids flushed with OEM fluids (oil change done 1k miles ago with OEM oil and filter)
    Tires balanced 1k miles ago
    Alignment done 1k miles ago
    Interior wood trim wrapped in faux suede
    Rieger front lip
    Euro bumper trim front and rear
    Hella headlights
    Smoked turn signals
    New OEM projector fogs
    M5 mirrors
    New rear dog bones
    Staggered OEM M parallel's
    New OEM hatch struts
    New motor mounts/trans mounts
    New windshield
    New wiper blades
    New blower motor
    New final stage resistor
    New aux water pump
    New pulleys
    New belts
    Known issues:

If you drive over 60mph it throws a ABS fault. When I scanned it the fault shows invalid wheel speed at 62mph. The car has 3 different brands of tires. 2 different brands in the front and the same brands in the rear. The rear tires are 245-45-18's which are not the right size for the wheels. That is probably throwing the fault at that speed. I haven't replaced the tires because they still have lots of treadlift left on them.

The left front door lock actuator works when locking and unlocking. However when you unlock the car the lock rod at the top of the door panel doesn't move from the locked position even though the door is unlocked.

It threw a check engine light over a month ago for O2 sensor, bank 1 signal. It was a 1 time fault that I cleared and has not returned. It may need a O2 sensor soon.

Both washer pumps need to be replaced.

Suspension appears to be mostly original. The front upper control arm bushings are starting to crack, but no vibrations present at this time. The front struts are starting to seep, but they are not blown. The car still drives very well considering how old the suspension is. I would recommend a nice spring/strut setup and upgrading the bushings eventually.

These are the only pics I have at the moment. I will try to get some updated pics within the next few days.

More pics can be found here. Including shots of the underbody.
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Overall the car drives very well and has been a great DD. I'm not really sure where to price it considering they never made these for the US market. Asking price is $8,000 obo. Don't be afraid to send offers. I haven't found it's replacement yet so I'm not in a huge rush to sell right away. I would love for this touring to find a good home. Best way to reach me is via PM or email. My email is hybridbmw@gmail.com

WOW
    That is a VERY nice E34 Wagon.
    GLWS

Comment

Originally posted by TheLinkster View Post
      WOW
      That is a VERY nice E34 Wagon.
      GLWS
      Thanks!

Comment

I'd take this thing from you in a heart beat but all i can offer in exchange is an 01 740iL Sport lol

GLWS

Comment

Beautiful car. I wish I had them money to throw around- GLWS!

Comment

Email sent...very very very interested!!!
            Originally posted by Kielan
            E36. In the best color. TV.

Comment

Replied to your email Sabotage.

Comment

i just fell in love
                [IMG]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag203/Kristianbolster/cars/nmdsnfm_zpsac00cc92.jpeg[/IMG]
                instagram= @BIMMERSPOTTER instagram: @kristianbolster

Comment

Location? If this was up in summer, I would be jumping on this, but even so - wow!

-Leadfoot

HittingRedline.com

1986 BMW 635CSi (5spd)
                  1994 Mercedes-Benz S124
                  1995 Mercedes-Benz S124

Comment

Located in Raleigh, NC.

Comment

Working...
                    X