XJ-6 Project up for sale, splits and lows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XJ-6 Project up for sale, splits and lows

Hey guys. It makes me sad to post this but I'm a broke high school student and I just don't have the money to buy the parts this car needs, so I have to put my project and daily driver up for sale or trade. It's TMU but it has like 185k on it, due to a cluster change the true mileage is unknown. Have all service records since new, which can be discussed.

Location is up to you, I live in Stockton NJ, and my shop is in Trenton NJ, so it doesn't matter one way or the other. I'd be willing to meet up with you for a trade, since I have a dealer plate at my disposal to pick a car up.
    -ice cold A/C, hot heat
    4 like-new tires
    New brakes all around, rear newer than front.
    New coolant, new oil change, new P/S fluid.
    Cut springs, rides very low. It's pretty heavy so it doesn't bounce like crazy.

Things it needs:
    I've deduced that the torque converter has gone out on me, it runs and drives pretty good, and shifts fine 9 times out of 10, but the converter wines lightly and sometimes has trouble coming out of O/D on heavy acceleration.
    Needs 3 hub bearings, and 1 u-joint. The parts aren't too expensive, about $40 a piece or less.
    The body work is in progress, I'll have photos of that tomorrow or the next day.
    The wheels are in OK condition at best, and deserve a split and polish. No cracks, they're Genuine Style 5's. I stripped the clear coat off the lips already, so now they need a polish. They have 4 like new, used 225/45/17's on them. I just mounted them a couple days ago.

If you're looking for a project, this is a cool car to stand out with. It has dings, dents, and some rust, but it's a good car that deserves more than I can give it on my budget. I'm pricing the car very low because I just can't stand to see it how it is mechanically right now, so I'd like $1,500 firm with the stock wheels or $2,100 with the style 5's. I'll sell the style 5's separate for $700 firm, with a couple extra bolts I have. One has a slight bend, sometimes you see it, sometimes you don't. I feel these prices are pretty solid for both the car, and the wheels. Text me at 2158089736, or PM me, or just reply to the thread. I'll be posting photos of the body work tomorrow or the next day, so stay tuned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
    Last edited by bennkishh; 09-09-2013, 07:29 PM.
    '93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
    '85 GMC S15 Sierra long bed.
    '01 BMW 740iL
    Instagram @bennkishh

Dammit I liked following this build. Such a unique car.
    BMW E34 V8 - Daily
    Merc 190E - Sold
    BMW 635CSi - Project
    Mercedes 190e Build Thread
    Euro BMW E24 Build Thread /Style is personal, fun is universal._____IG: @levonvandamage

Comment

$1,500? Fuck. What a time to start building cars. I'd totally buy this.

1989 Chevy Camaro RS | 1981 Mercedes 500SE AMG

Originally posted by Skraight.
      And don't let the **** from the guy above get to you, he said he is saving up to buy a del sol lol.

Comment

Originally posted by VanDamage View Post
        Dammit I liked following this build. Such a unique car.
        And I liked building this car. If the wheels sell first, I'll be buying a beater and and rebuilding the Jag in my spare car.

Originally posted by RubbderDucky View Post
        $1,500? Fuck. What a time to start building cars. I'd totally buy this.
        You should do it
        '93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
        '01 BMW 740iL
        Instagram @bennkishh

Comment

I read your CL ad a few days ago for this car, and based on your trade requirements, this is a shot in the dark, but I figured I'd ask anyway. '94 Mercedes W124 wagon (Craigslist post here). 196k, a very solid car with a beautiful interior, no rust save for a bubble here and there around window trim. Reverse seems to be fading and shifts are sometimes a little hesitant, but it drives solidly and is just an excellent car. Rides smoother than my E24. Again, no offense taken if you absolutely **** the idea, but I figured I'd ask.

Awesome looking Jag, GLWS.

-Leadfoot

HittingRedline.com

1986 BMW 635CSi (5spd)
          1994 Mercedes-Benz S124
          1995 Mercedes-Benz S124

Comment

Originally posted by LeadfootYT View Post
            I read your CL ad a few days ago for this car, and based on your trade requirements, this is a shot in the dark, but I figured I'd ask anyway. '94 Mercedes W124 wagon (Craigslist post here). 196k, a very solid car with a beautiful interior, no rust save for a bubble here and there around window trim. Reverse seems to be fading and shifts are sometimes a little hesitant, but it drives solidly and is just an excellent car. Rides smoother than my E24. Again, no offense taken if you absolutely **** the idea, but I figured I'd ask.

Awesome looking Jag, GLWS.

-Leadfoot
            I could actually get very interested in that wagon. I have a CL600 that's basically rough except for the engine and trans, which would make for one hell of a swap. PM me or text me some time and we'll talk ASAP.
            '93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
            '01 BMW 740iL
            Instagram @bennkishh

Comment

PM'd you.

-Leadfoot

HittingRedline.com

1986 BMW 635CSi (5spd)
              1994 Mercedes-Benz S124
              1995 Mercedes-Benz S124

Comment

Bump, it's not shifting funny and more, but the torque converter noise is still very real. I also stripped the cracked paint from the bumpers, so they're back to decent shape, shiney chrome.
                '93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
                '01 BMW 740iL
                Instagram @bennkishh

Comment

Working...
                X