1993 e36 was a lemon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 e36 was a lemon!

Hey I would just like to let everyone know this guy was the most dishonest seller in the world. Sold the car to my sister. Drove it to our house in upstate New York. Said the car ran beautifully. Made this whole long thing about how wonderful the car was and how he only grandma drives the car and had a friend who posed as his mechanic who went a long and said how wonderful the car was as well..... Took it for a short test drive and didn't beat on it never really got above 3000 rpms and my sister said it shifted wonderful. The next day my sister was driving the car and it wouldn't go over 3500 rpms. First I swapped out the maf with a extra I had laying around and there was no improvement. So I popped off all of the coils and found oil in every single spark plug well. Wonderful -_- ..... She bought all new spark plugs and a new gasket set for the valve cover and I replaced everything.... The car is still misfiring and not throwing codes and I'm out of things for it to be.......she hasn't driven the car since which she needs to commute an hour to work everyday..... What kind of low life scum bag does this to a girl Well thank god for lemon laws. We're filing to sue you in small claims court as of Monday asshole ...... I hope karma treats you well

His name is sabertooth and he is a scum bag

This is a bit extreme. The car is 20 years old...

Comment

You bought a car from a private seller, As-is, after test driving it. You should have gone over it more thoroughly if anything. Sorry you got burned, but I'm in the used car business, and this is life. You bought a 20 year old foreign car, that's kind of how these things go. Good Luck with repairing it, it's a gorgeous car.
      '93 Jaguar XJ6 4 liter.
      '85 GMC S15 Sierra long bed.
      '01 BMW 740iL
      Instagram @bennkishh

Comment

hopefully u learn from this and realize that when you test drive a car you beat the living piss out of it. only way to know it actually runs and drives right.

Comment

Originally posted by bennkishh View Post
          You bought a car from a private seller, As-is, after test driving it. You should have gone over it more thoroughly if anything. Sorry you got burned, but I'm in the used car business, and this is life. You bought a 20 year old foreign car, that's kind of how these things go. Good Luck with repairing it, it's a gorgeous car.
          Yeah dude it was my sisters sale not mine.... I should have known better... I have an e36 m3.... It's all good. I'm working on repairing it.... And it's not as gorgeous as it looks in the photos.... Ill figure it out.... This is more of a ..... Look out for this scumbag in the future kind of deal

Comment

Originally posted by slwrthnu View Post
            hopefully u learn from this and realize that when you test drive a car you beat the living piss out of it. only way to know it actually runs and drives right.
            Normally I do.... It was one of those oh shit why did I not do that the one time I should have.

Comment

You can't blame the seller for not doing your job for you

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
              Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

lol good luck suing him

and good luck finding someone who will sell to you on this forum ever again
                Jason
                flickr
                build thread

Comment

This is what pre-purchase inspections are for. If you are unsure about the car, spend 50 dollars to have a mechanic throw it on a lift. You have nobody to blame but yourself in all reality

Lemon laws? Really? You bought a 20 year old used car assumed as-is.
                  instagram: andyM3
                  Project 90 GLI build thread coming soon

Comment

Working...
                  X