X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 540/6 - blue/grey sport - 138k

Car:
    - 1999 540/6 spd
    - 138,xxx (i drive it about 150 to 200 miles a week)
    - Blue/Grey
    - Sport package, Winter package, DSP, NO shades.

I bought it just to get around for a few months and that period I did the following repairs:
    - ABS Module
    - All four VDO ABS sensors
    - New water pump, New thermostat, coolant flush
    - NGK spark plugs
    - Valve covers and grommets
    - Ambient temperature sensor
    - Brakes all around w/ front aekebonos which i had laying around
    - Trans fluid change with OE BMW fluid
    - Oil changed twice (I bought it with 134k but I change oil every 3k)
    - Front links
    - Ambient temp sensor
    - Front and rear cup holders
    - Replaced front headlight lenses with much nicer ones
    - Replaced cabin and air filters

Since I bought the car in November I didn't really do any exterior or suspension mods but I did do a few minor interior mods:
    - 545 shifter with ZHP knob
    - Complete M5 headliner with black handles and leather visors ($800 when it was all said and done)
    - M5 cluster rings
    - 6k HIDS
    - New rubber all seats mats

Exterior Condition:
    - The paint is original and the center of the car (hood, roof, trunk) all have unaddressed sap stains from the PO. The front has its fair share of rock chips but still cleans up very well. The car was definitely driven and washed regularly but its age shows. I was quoted $500 to address all the issues I had with the exterior which I could pass onto another buyer if he/she were local. When cleaned up it still looks great and gets compliments but its not a concourse car either.

Interior Condition:
    - The interior looks like no one sat in the back or touched the carpets since new. The front seats show the normal wear for 140k but clean up very well and are fully functioning and comfortable (no springs poking you in the back). The bolsters still hold you tight, the sport wheel looks great, and the dash is clean with no cracks.

Known issues:
    - The only issue I have is with a wiring break somewhere in the ABS. When I bought it I knew the module was bad and even after changing it I had the sensor codes return so I changed those too. Now it has a good module and sensors so someone just has to resolve whatever the issue is. I bought the car and the guy hid the issue from me which cost me an additional $900. I wouldn't do that to someone else.
    - Needs rear driver side window regulator

It passes inspection no problem and drives amazingly well. I am in no rush to sell it and really do like driving it but I simply don't need it and would like to free up the cash/clear up my driveway a bit. I'm most likely going to try and buy a newer vehicle in a few months so I figured I'd list it now.

Price: $6500 (not going to take much less then that)
    Its on goodyear snows right now and comes with Hankook Ventus summers which have plenty of life left.

Pictures:

The rail/roof I mentioned:

Its on ebay now. Good chance to score it cheap. No reserve.

Comment

Working...
    X