02 Audi A6 4.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 Audi A6 4.2

As most of you know I get bored with cars pretty quick. My girls been driving this but I found something else I wouldn't mind grabbing if I can get what I want for the A6. I bought the car a month before H20 with 140k and have since done the following:

- All eight front arms
    - Front links
    - Transmission service (original audi trans fluid, filter, and gasket)
    - NGK Plugs and all MANN filters
    - VDO Fuel pump, gasket, OE filter, and relay
    - Regular Lubromoly synthetic oil changes
    - Front and rear zimmerman rotors with Aekebono pads
    - Pulled front and rear quarters
    - ST coilovers with new mounts
    - Infinity front door speakers
    - 6k lows and fogs
    - LED plate bulbs
    - Rear coolant hoses off flange
    - Temperature sensor
    - Driveside anti-dazzle mirror glass ($$$$$ haha)

I bought the car off of a friend who is a dealer and right before I bought it he did a full timing belt service with all tensioners, water pump, and thermostat. He also claimed that the transmission had been replaced but I have no proof of that besides it proving true in how well it drives.

- Mechanically the car is sound with the exception of needing two oxygen sensors and having a small coolant leak on the oil cooler. All major issues with these cars have been addressed. I literally just went through and changed everything. The car is good for another 100k without any issues

- Cosmetically the car is in great shape with the exception of roof and rear quarters which got chipped on the trip to H20.

Options:
    - Amulet red on black (have only been able to find one other 4.2 in this combo)
    - Sport package
    - Winter package
    - Fold in mirrors
    - Fold down rear seats
    - Bose audio (it makes a huge difference)
    - Fully optioned including cluster nav and onstar (cluster pixels need repair)

Wheel specs:
    18x10.5 ET1 235/40/18
    18x12 ET8 265/35/18

Price:
    - $9,500 with Schmidt TH-lines and stock fat fives
    - $7,500 with Stock Fat fives and one or the other repaired (either coolant leak and 02s or roof and quarters - not both).
    - $7000 as is

***I don't need to sell the car so don't offer me some stupid number. I have my eyes on something else that she can still drive but that I think I would enjoy more then this. If it doesn't sell or the other cars sells this ad will come down. This is a good chance for someone to buy a well sorted, rare, and fun car. PERFECT candidate for a nice exhaust and six speed swap.

Pictures (will get some of the interior later and can provide roof and quarter pics on request):

Its currently raised up for the winter on stock wheels.
    Last edited by 525iT_Feen; 12-27-2012, 05:46 PM.

Hey do you know how much inner clearance you had in the front? I'm trying to wide with my new wheels. Would you say 10.5 is the max in front?

Didn't even realize this was a for sale thread when I posted last night. Good Luck with the sale bump for another sweet 4.2!
    Last edited by ilikeaudis; 02-28-2013, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Just curious, is the $9500 for the Schmidt's the fives and both repairs? or for just the wheels? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by workinprogress View Post
        Just curious, is the $9500 for the Schmidt's the fives and both repairs? or for just the wheels? thanks
        nice car. Id drive it.. What kinda new car are you looking for?

Comment

Working...
        X