Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: 1992 BMW E30 325i Convertible Black/Black

Sold!

I'm selling my 1992 BMW 325i Convertible. It is in very good condition and has had lots of maintenance performed in the last few years. Timing belt was done in 2008 with 120k miles, and the car now has 146,000 miles. I have the owner's manual, audio tape, and several maintenance receipts. I bought the car in non-running condition, needing an alternator and some cooling hoses replaced. The electric convertible top motors had also failed and I converted it to a manual top, which works perfectly. I've fixed those items along with a few other minor cosmetics and have been driving the car daily ever since. It gets great mileage (20-25MPG combined) and runs very well. The transmission shifts smoothly and consistently every time, hot or cold.

The convertible top operates smoothly, but the top itself is in poor condition. The rear window is completely faded and cracked along the bottom, and there is a large tear in the canvas. It might keep you dry-ish in light rain but you don't want to park it outside uncovered. A new top with rear window is $200-400 depending on the quality of material, and installation will be $700-1000 depending where you go. If I were going to keep the car, this is the only major issue that would need to be taken care of. The A/C does not work, and it's a convertible, so I did some quick math and decided to leave it alone. There is a dent in the rear passenger corner above the tail light, as well as a door ding on the passenger door. The paint is in good shape with no oxidation. If you are persnickety, there are a few stains on the hood and trunk that could use a good wetsand and polish. The rest of the body is in excellent shape with zero rust.

146,xxx Miles
    Clean title in my name
    Just passed smog
    Current registration
    3.73 LSD
    California car, no rust
    Crack-free dash!
    WORKING odometer and trip counter!
    WORKING power antenna!
    Power locks all work
    No leaks, no smoke
    All lights, windows, and electronics work perfectly
    Suspension, tires and brakes are in excellent condition, no steering wheel wobbles
    Seat adjustments all work smoothly
    Both seat heaters work very well
    Stereo has an aftermarket headunit with a cassette player (6 CD changer in the trunk)
    Stock speakers all working perfectly

Last edited by mojocoggo; 02-14-2013, 03:54 PM.
    Dylan Leff - www.originalplate.com

nice to see my next car come tax time, if its still available that is...
    your pretty much giving this car away at $3000

Comment

Bop it.
      Dylan Leff - www.originalplate.com

Comment

Very good and*informative*exchange*..*Thank you!
        Last edited by Neproiideflo; 06-27-2015, 11:25 AM.
        Smartmatic

Comment

Originally posted by Neproiideflo View Post
          Very good and*informative*exchange*..*Thank you!
          And this is 3 years old... ya dingus.

ENDLESS RIVAL: Art | Automotive Culture

Insta: @endlessrival | @_notlance

Wraith | 1966 Fairlane 500 | Gone
          Six | 1995 S14 | Gone
          Absolution | 1995 E36 | Current

Comment

Working...
          X