1981 Mercedes-Benz 500SE AMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1981 Mercedes-Benz 500SE AMG

Well guys, its that time. I'm putting my 1981 500SE AMG up for sale, I really would love to keep the car, I've come to realize that I don't have the money to restore it like she deserves, so I'd like it to go to somebody who will restore her, and enjoy her as I have.

That said, I will try to convey everything I know about the car, everything that is wrong with it, and what it needs. Feel free to ask any questions about it.

With all that out of the way, I am looking for $3000. I may budge a little on that, but not very much if at all. I estimate she has 200k miles on her, ODO stopped working at 146k.

There is no paper work with this car, I cannot prove to you that it is a real AMG, but it does have the body kit, wheels, and steering wheel. The only service records I have are the receipts I have from buying parts.

What I've done to it since I bought it in February:

New valve cover gaskets
    New tires front and rear
    New alternator
    New battery
    New right rear brake caliper
    New kick-down solenoid
    Oil change
    WDC0 Bosch plugs
    Bosch plug wires
    Bosch Dist cap/rotor
    New brake pads front and rear
    Smoked clear corners
    Tinted windows
    Trans fluid/filter
    Probably more I can't remember
    New brake vacuum check valve and hose.

What it needs:

Brake rotors
    Probably needs a timing chain, no clue when it was done, if at all
    Trans checked out
    Motor smokes at 4000 RPM or higher
    O-rings and washer for kick down installed ( I have )
    New trans modulator installed ( I have )
    Exhaust installed, I have a Flowmaster Super 40 for it.
    Needs trunk and sunroof seals installed ( I have )
    Vacuum pump
    Pain/body work

Misc stuff about the car:

A/C works amazing, super cold, all vents work as well
    HIDs
    Car does have rust, minor rust in the trunk, and some under neath. Jacking points are shot, so I just used the body mounts for the suspension
    Car is lowered, I haven't had it rub yet.
    I have a 5.6 intake for it, but I never installed it.
    ODO has 146k miles, stopped working there, I estimate 200k+.
    It had a stereo but it died, power antenna works fine though.
    Has a locking lug, seems factory, I have the key for it.
    I purchased a pair of master keys only to have them not work in any lock but the glove box, will need to order a whole new set of locks and ignition cylinder from the dealer if you want to use them.
    I have a box full of extra parts, all sorts of stuff that will go with the car.
    Brakes are soft, they start to engage late, but the car still stops fine, I replaced some stuff but never was able to figure it out.
    Transmission acts wonky. Starts in first, and slips out of 4th. No clue why, but I've been driving it this way and its not much of an issue to me.

I daily this car, it starts right up and runs fine.

I believe that's everything, please ask me questions if you have them, I have a album of picture here.

Again, I am asking $3000 for her, which I believe to be a very fair price. I paid $2700 for her, and I've got $1500 in parts in it now, and would love to see it go to a good home.

I'll be adding new pictures as the ones in the album are older. There are no more stickers on the rear window, and I have 5% tint on the rear doors and rear window, with something like 20% on the front two doors.

1989 Chevy Camaro RS | 1981 Mercedes 500SE AMG

Originally posted by Skraight.
    And don't let the **** from the guy above get to you, he said he is saving up to buy a del sol lol.

I dig it.
    IG: ossiep

Comment

I love it, car is sweet. I really just would like something newer, more reliable. I've got my eye on a couple 04 E55 AMGs.

Dropping the price to $2500, or $2000 without the wheels. Would like to move it quickly.

And don't let the **** from the guy above get to you, he said he is saving up to buy a del sol lol.

Comment

New pics and a start-up vid.

http://imgur.com/a/kbFpZ

http://s687.photobucket.com/albums/v...023_180743.mp4

Would really like to move this thing soon, could use the money for a W211 E55.

Comment

hey ma this is just a question was wandering if u would be interested in a 91 miata with a 1.8 conversion pm me for more details and pics

Comment

Originally posted by mikaelhgn View Post
            hey ma this is just a question was wandering if u would be interested in a 91 miata with a 1.8 conversion pm me for more details and pics
            Sorry bud, I'm just looking for cash. Would like to make a larger down payment on a E55.

New pics.

http://imgur.com/a/paqv8#0

Comment

good lord, this thing is so tough the way it sits...

Comment

Working...
              X