• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: M50 e30 Project

1984 Hennarot Red on black 325/5spd
    111,xxxk on the cluster
    Price: $4100 OBO

*bear with me for the lengthy read*

I bought this car with the intention of driving it through the winter and either boosting or swapping out for an s52. The swap was done by someone here (not sure who the PO two owners back was) and is done very nicely. The ECU is in the glove box and the engine has all functions with no codes along with working heat (real working not just pouring through open holes), a relocated battery, e36 booster, and various other nice mods. In all honesty I only know what I can see/verify because I bought the swap done. I have driven the car a few times (100 or so miles) without any issues or hiccups.

My only reason for selling it is practicality. I commute quite a bit each day and didn’t realize how much I’ve out grown the need for a loud a** car. It’s a blast to drive but it needs some TLC and time to be brought back. The main selling point for me was the reliability of the swap and the fact that you could restore the Henarot back to its original glory (if you want to call it that). I have a driveway and the car will be moved to my garage before its snows. I’m in no rush to sell it and won’t give it away but am a reasonable person and will consider REASONABLE offers.

Exterior Condition: Original paint. NO frame or corrosive rust, few small spots of rust on driver side floor and driver side floorboard (easily repairable). The paint is completely faded but can easily be polished out and buffed back to life as its stage one with no clear. I think finding an e30 with original paint that’s salvable is somewhat impressive considering the average condition of them at this age. The undercarriage has surface rust which can be bead blasted off. It has ZERO rot but it has sat because the PO didn’t drive it/store it properly. The suspension is still tight and the majority of bushings are in good shape.

Interior Condition:Original sport seats with good springs but rough leather. They aren’t anything special but you can comfortable sit in them without getting stabbed by old springs. The bolsters still function and the seats could be restored if the new owner wished to. The dash has typical cracks as well as a gauge pod with working gauges in place of its center vent. Floor and trunk have no rust with exception of the above mentioned quarter size hole near the gas pedal.

Suspension/Wheels:
    -Ireland Engineering sways (F+R) with poly bushings
    -Ireland Engineering RSMs
    -Bilstein sport inserts with eibachs (it looks almost stock to me but the inserts are there)
    -Two bottlecaps with snows
    -4 Stock BBS basketweaves
    -Wheel bearings are good
    -Tie rod assemblies are good

Engine/exhaust:
    -M50 non-vanos swap along with a matching 5spd (around 145k according to PO)
    -E34 M50 oil pan and dipstick
    -Aluminum radiator
    -Electric fan
    -Tree houseracing modified 320i brake booster
    -SS replica Headers and
    -2.5 single exhaust with cat delete and Borla Muffler
    -E28 Motor mounts
    -Aluminum Tstat housing
    -Turner Motosport pulley kit
    -Functioning custom intake
    -Relocated battery
    -E30 m3 wiring harness cover
    -ALL engine seals were done
    -Water pump and tstat were done

Transmission/Drivetrain:
    -92 E36 driveshaft
    -E36 rack with AKG kit
    -3.73 LSd
    -E21 trans mounts
    -Getrag 250 trans

Interior:
    -Pioneer deck (outdated)
    -Polk Audio Speakers F/R
    -Pioneer speaker covers (OE appearance)
    -Glow Shift gauges (volt, tach, oil pressure, water temp)
    -JD Gauge pod in centervent

The good:
    -The swap is complete and runs great.
    -The mods that are done on top of the swap aren’t cheap and are effective in making th car more enjoyable
    -It can have carpet installed and be a drivable daily car
    -It has original paint
    -The floor , engine bay, and trunk aren’t rotted through
    -The windows and sunroof function
    -The heat works
    -The car has no vanos which makes boosting it more fun for those of you who still like to keep BMW engines in your BMWs
    -Its light

The bad:
    -The dash has cracks
    -The paint needs someone to REALLY hit it up
    -It has a few dings and dents
    -The seats need to be redone if the new owner is into keeping things OE
    -The throw-out bearing makes noise when the car heats up. The transmission shifts smooth and goes into gear fine even under heavy loud but you get some chatter on idle in neutral. All the bushings are new and resealed so the Trans is still tight.

Besides that I don’t know much about the car. I’m almost positive that someone will recognize who built it originally and I’d love to have that information so I could ask him a few questions. This car needs more time then it does money. If someone invests some elbow grease and a few grand they can have a hell of a nice e30 (as long as the diving boards are gone and some nicer wheels/coils are installed). I will do my best to answer questions. The car is not registered but I am willing to let people test drive it *carefully* if they come with cash.

Price: $4100 (no need to bash the price as I know what e30s go for in worse condition then this with similar things done to them). The fact that the swap runs correctly and the body hasn’t rotted through anywhere is worth quite a bit in itself. Its not a rocket by any means but it’s an enjoyable car for someone who wants a toy. I am open to offers so again spare me the speeches. If your interested PM me and lets talk.

Pictures (taken with flash to show everything):

Last edited by 525iT_Feen; 10-16-2012, 01:36 PM.

Good deal, especially with the prices e30's are going for nowadays. With a buff and some carpet this would make an awesome daily.

Comment

EDIT 10/23/2012:
      My situation has changed quite a bit. I left my original price so people could see what it was but I'm open to hearing offers. PM me what you'd be willing to pay and lets work something out. Need to clean my driveway out for a construction project and would like to free up the cash. Motivated to sell so send over your offers!

I was going to detail it this weekend and find some carpet for it but I really just need to move it. Someone else can pick it up and clean it up.

Comment

good paint jobs arent cheap 0_0

Comment

Because it's single stage it won't need a paint job, a solid cut and buff, and it'd look great again.
          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by JayBraj View Post
            good paint jobs arent cheap 0_0
            Originally posted by Kielan View Post
            Because it's single stage it won't need a paint job, a solid cut and buff, and it'd look great again.
            Don't bother kellie

----

Car sold to its new owner last night who went from New Mexico to Michigan on Amtrak and then got a car and drove to Boston during Sandy then drove it back through Sandy back to Michigan.. Literally drove THROUGH sally (twice) with his friend to come pick it up then drive it home. Its definitely going to a good home and a happy owner!

Thanks for the interest guys. Its officially sold.

/Thread

Comment

Working...
            X