FS/Feeler: 1998 BMW M3 Sedan Techno Violet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS/Feeler: 1998 BMW M3 Sedan Techno Violet

Yep, time for law school.. gotta free up some cash. **** to do this.

For those who know anything about E36's, this combo is pretty rare being TV, sedan, and 5spd. I've only put 5k miles on this car in almost a year. Runs amazing

1998 BMW M3 Sedan w/ sports package
    5 speed
    Techno Violet/Dove Grey
    114,xxx miles
    Clean title

Just changed the oil, all new handles, new upholstery, new lighting

Mods:

18x8/10.5 OZ Mito II's wraped in Nitto Neogens (still new)
    OEM Staggered contours (new tires also)
    DDM headlights w/ 8k HIDs
    CCFL AE's
    6k HID Fogs
    Tein basic coil overs
    Brand new OEM clutch (2k miles)
    ZHP shift knob
    Z3 short shifter
    Clear Tails
    Clear corners
    Clear side markers
    Plaid pillars (purple/black/white)

Will sell with all OEM amber pieces and OEM suspension

The bad:
    -headliner was just recently redone, but padding on the sunroof is slightly too thick, so JUST the sunroof liner needs redone.
    -trunk area has some light swirls from previous owner, i havent had the time to get a polish, etc done. only visible up close

$14k w/ everything
    $12k w/ out OZ's OBO

Last edited by rowdydaoudy; 05-13-2011, 12:56 PM.
    David

might be sold this weekend, ill keep everyone posted
    David

Comment

pics arent working

Comment

BUYERS BEWARE!!!!
        It is not easy for me, but since the seller doesn’t contact me anymore and refuses any kind of communication, I decided to aware others interested in the car. 1998 BMW M3 VIN WBSCD9327WEE09607

I flew down to OHIO with one stop in GA to buy this car. However, the owner DAVID D. is not a man of his words and simply lied about condition of the car. I came back in a rented car and set me back $434.
        We went over all issues prior my trip down there, and except mentioned 2 issues about sunroof panel and scratches in the trunk area (see 1 and 2 below), he forgot to list serious issues with the car, which immediately eliminated it as object of my interest.
        David’s father owns the used car dealership “Auto Plus Sales and Service” 864 North Main Street, Dayton, OH 45405, so he has idea how MINT car should looks like. I will not be surprised if the car came from dealer auction, hence lack of any history. Anyways, I told him I have exact same car and want another one.

Details:
        - Car was repainted once before, and left side was repainted after. The hood was repainted later on. There is bondo on the left front fender and some on the driver’s door. Dealership owner doesn’t see it, I do.
        - Clear coat is coming off from entire car, mostly around the doors’ edges, around the window seals really bad. Picture attached.
        - Front bumper misses OEM brake ducts.
        - Left side skirt scratched badly. Picture attached.
        - Right side door trimming coming off after first repaint, my more miles M3 has them intact. Left side intact as that side was repainted later, so the trimmings were replaced/reinstalled.
        - There are scratches on literarily each panel, which Dave calls the swirls, which should buff out, but was the car buffed were the pictures were taken? Go figure.
        - Trunk lid has scratches, but I know you have mentioned it. (1)
        - The entire car paint fades, especially rear bumper and trunk lid, upper edges of fenders. I know you don’t see it, all you know Dave it is a rare combo.
        - Under hood – yeah hard to look under if in the mint car the hood struts don’t work. First thing is alarm speaker not being attached to anything, flies all over the places. The cowl cover in pieces and not attached – well, all water, leafs from roof and windshield get in there collecting mess before water gets into cabin through vent channels. I didn’t spend more time to look there as it was difficult to hold the hood and check stuff.
        - What’s inside – driver bolster worn – ok, it is not new, but why your picture doesn’t show it from right angle. The door inserts dirty and worn, why do you call your interior MINT? All seats leather is dirty, not sure if wash my let all patches go. Arm rest has worn. My 166k m3 arm rest does not. But hey, what a nice piece of dashboard hanging there. Oh and that plastic has cracks… well, it is 12 years old therefore I don’t have to tell you about it, and it is MINT. (wtf this word means) Pictures attached below.
        - The OBD2 codes were cleared prior my coming, the little cover was hanging there, if you know e36’s you know that you cannot drive the car when this cover hangs because it disturb your clutch releasing. So someone in your father’s dealership forgot to put it back.
        - The headliner was redone. Great. But who the heck screw in the sunroof control panel with 4 shabby screws in the MINT car? Sunroof panel missing, I know Dave said that (2).
        - Newly covered pillars are falling apart. Attach it, huh? No, clips don’t work?
        - Ok enough. Let’s go for a test drive. Oh, AIRBAG LIGHT IS ON. “Because the battery was replaced” – really, my both m3 e36 never had issues like this after replacing the battery. Once I had that light on, after removing steering wheel to replace cluster bulbs. “You should go to the dealer” – what? You go Sir.
        - Check control – taillights bulb problem – yeah easy fix.
        - Let’s go…. 1,2,3 car runs great, 50 mph… o man this steering wheel is shaking as hell, what is that. “You are going to go to stock suspension so it’ll disappear”. I may if I don’t like coilovers. What if I like, I eventually pay for it. “Spacers are non-hub centric”. Great, so what do I need? Different suspension, maybe spacers, maybe rim or rims, maybe tires, maybe rotors, maybe just alignment. Maybe….go home.
        - I don’t want to comment on the engine or tranny, as I simply was fed up at this point. Clutch was nice and soft.

All above are easy to notice for a car newbie, let alone car enthusiast as David claims to be. NONE of the buyers will pay top dollars for this sh!tty car, hence it sits in your father’s dealer for so long for…$12k
        Car is listed here:

On the good side is that since David was not present during my visit, his father was stand-up guy and picked me up from the airport and dropped me at the car rental. David himself, when on the phone or text messaging, was kind too, even though he was not legit at the first place. I was naïve second time, when I mentioned to partially compensate my expenses. Well $434 is lots of money, even though our karma will catch it. Then the communication between us died. All in all I came with cash, plates, plate bracket and screws ready to pick up the car for agreed price.

Pics:

Comment

Wow.

Comment

Good info. I **** shady shit like this.

Comment

sketchhhyyyy

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
              Things made of metal can be remade, but flesh and bone cannot be replicated. Not even by Rota.
              Originally posted by Kielan
              VW kids go to Hondas, Honda kids go to BMW, BMW kids stick with BMW because they are the best.
              ///stanceworks\\\

Comment

Don't believe anything this kid has to say. He was disclosed of everything and we agreed on it all. I have texts for proof of all this. He's been threating me the past 2 days and is already being taken care of as we speak by my lawyer. Texts messages go a long way and this kid is pretty creepy.

I would think you all wouldn't take a judgment towards me as I've been a member on many forums for a long time and always had a good reputation on forums for selling. Check e46f all day and see everything I've sold.

So thanks for ruining my thread because you have no job and you're life is a wreck. Please be sure to be prepared for actions that will be taken Mike.

If anyone has something to discuss with me they can talk with me. The price was set due to condition and is below many, obviously.
                David

Comment

And i daily the car you child, it was at the shop for you. Dumb ass people these days.
                  David

Comment

I wish I wasn't typing from my phone so I could upload every text and prove everything he's saying was incorrect. All these quotes he's saying are seriously UNBELIEVABLE. I never imagined someone try so hard to ruin someone's reputation with the craziest lies ive ever heard in my life. This guy has no idea what he has done or gotten himself into.
                    David

Comment

Sounds like a nice car...for $5k

Comment

Get the fuk out of here with your 1 posts Mike. Get your life together man, and find a job.
                        David

Comment

Well what is it that is incorrect? Is everything he saying a lie? Were there things not disclosed? I mean I'd be seriously pissed off too if I had to fly/travel to see a car and was lied to.

Comment

Ill give you 2k. After you fix everything, if you ship it to me.

Comment

Originally posted by DrM3 View Post
                              Get the fuk out of here with your 1 posts Mike. Get your life together man, and find a job.
                              Find a job? I am looking for car, did you miss something?

All above posts reflect what person you are and what service you offer. Your reputation is last thing I am thinking of Dave, I just do not want anyone to waste their time and money for no reason. And say hallo to your Lawyer, as I am sure he would be interested in what my lawyer would have to say.
                              Please stay classy as I do. I don't call names as you do.

If the car would be what was described, I would be with it at home by now.
                              I said what you should have said at the original post. We wouldn't be nowhere where are we now.
                              Last edited by customer; 09-30-2011, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X