Fender roller, Which one should I get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ace_Rockolla View Post
    Me and my friend rolled his 300zx fenders with a metal pole wrapped in duct tape without a heat gun and it came out nice. Kinda ghetto but it worked well enough.
    It'll crack.

When i did mine I didnt use heat. To this day one sides good but by the next day after changes in temperature one side flaked. I got aluminum fenders so I just wet sanded it down where it cracked and it blended in with my silver paint. It was only on the underside of the fender and the edge of the arch but I taped off the rest and shot it with clear coat. Simple.

Comment

PBM Fender Roller with a Westwood Head ( the roller thingy)
      sigpic
      -Nathan

Comment

theres a member on here selling one. check the classifieds
        Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

if you have access to a welder and some other simple metalworking tools you can make one.

I made this one with about $30 worth of metal and four hours of my time
          Alabama's premier watercooled VW club http://www.h2otuning.com

Comment

You should start making them and sell them. I'd buy one if it was cheaper than the rest haha
            Originally posted by Jesus Christ
            if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
            Originally posted by Jedidiah
            he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

i dont know how that clears any brake calilpers, the eastwood already has problems clearing a lot of cars.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
                i dont know how that clears any brake calilpers, the eastwood already has problems clearing a lot of cars.
                spacers on the backside would allow it to clear any huge calipers, but in most cases the caliper is set back enough that you dont need to swing the roller that far. I have not had any problems with it.
                Alabama's premier watercooled VW club http://www.h2otuning.com

Comment

The Eastwood roller hits the calipers on STi's. Ask me how I know.

It also doesn't work on STi's with coilovers. I need to add some pull, but now that I have coilovers installed, the Eastwood is too tall to use. I'd have to remove the coilovers, or raise them all the way up, and hope it clears.

Comment

www.poweredbymax.net best fender roller ever

Comment

Originally posted by Dust View Post
                      www.poweredbymax.net best fender roller ever
                      AGREED x 10000

it works on lowered car unlike the Eastwood and has almost the same design with a different color ball that is just about as hard as the Eastwood

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                        PBM Fender Roller with a Westwood Head ( the roller thingy)
                        best setup ever
                        http://awdfitted.blogspot.com/

Comment

PSM roller is great, been successful almost every time with it. The V2 seems to have addressed pretty much all the issues I've encountered with my V1. Except doing 14mm studs, I don't know if it can do those yet.

Comment

Originally posted by civicseth View Post
                            The Eastwood roller hits the calipers on STi's. Ask me how I know.

It also doesn't work on STi's with coilovers. I need to add some pull, but now that I have coilovers installed, the Eastwood is too tall to use. I'd have to remove the coilovers, or raise them all the way up, and hope it clears.
                            thats odd, i've never ran into that issue with any car, then again i haven't done an sti but its not like it runs stupid small wheels. I don't mean to sound like I'm insulting your intelligence but have you used the full range of adjustment? I didn't notice it right away.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

i live and die by my eastwood, but sometimes it just needs washers or spacers on the back side to clear calipers, i have heard the parts shop max one is nice though
                              Straight Outta Wiscompton
                              Team Gileto. Graphics-Coatings-Performance
                              Shakotan Midnight - Low Car Street Team

Comment

I just orderd the PBM roller.

Comment

Working...
                                X